Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an indication as to how outrageously long this is taking that people are beginning to come up with theories to explain away and almost justify the FA's tardiness: "Was there ever any investigation in the first place?", "maybe all parties decided behind the scenes to not pursue it".

No, there is an investigation and it cant be wished away by any party. There has to be a statement concerning a judgement to either charge or not charge.

45 days...........

i disagree Davek - taking the assumption that there is no evidence from camera, or infact a camera angle that confirms MH was not racially abused, it is conceivable that all parties agreed to end it there. No witch hunt against the MH, no "how is this going impact on other black players coming forward"

i disagree Davek - taking the assumption that there is no evidence from camera, or infact a camera angle that confirms MH was not racially abused, it is conceivable that all parties agreed to end it there. No witch hunt against the MH, no "how is this going impact on other black players coming forward"

Yep.

This isn't being spoken about anywhere other than in Everton circles or on forums from what I can see. In fact in all of the home games since I haven't heard it mentioned by a single fan at the pub or in the ground.

I don't believe there's any need for an official statement by the FA, seems quite clear at this point that there's nothing more to it than an accusation which can't be proved.

Some of the stuff in this thread has read more than a little bit RAWK to me...

Yep.

This isn't being spoken about anywhere other than in Everton circles or on forums from what I can see. In fact in all of the home games since I haven't heard it mentioned by a single fan at the pub or in the ground.

I don't believe there's any need for an official statement by the FA, seems quite clear at this point that there's nothing more to it than an accusation which can't be proved.

this in a nutshell

people are complaining it's a witch hunt etc, but wouldn't it be a more of a witchhunt against the RS if firmino was banned without any evidence? if it was vice versa people would be absolutely seething had Holgate been charged just from firminos word

Yep.

in saying all that, it wouldnt shock me at all if the FA charge and ban Firmino, with no explanation for time taken either.

this in a nutshell

people are complaining it's a witch hunt etc, but wouldn't it be a more of a witchhunt against the RS if firmino was banned without any evidence? if it was vice versa people would be absolutely seething had Holgate been charged just from firminos word

I'm sure MH isn't losing any sleep over this. He's made of tough stuff.

Yep.

Oh look, here's the FA not involved formally in an enquiry:

“The FA can confirm that referee Bobby Madley was made aware of an allegation during the Liverpool versus Everton game at Anfield last night and has subsequently reported this to The FA, which will now begin making enquiries into the matter,” the FA said on Saturday."

I wonder how different this whole thing would be if it was the other way round- if Holgate allegedly made racist remarks to Firmino?

Would it be wrong to think Sky and the rest would be shouting about it daily? Perhaps even sorted, fined and banned, etc by now?

I wonder how different this whole thing would be if it was the other way round- if Holgate allegedly made racist remarks to Firmino?

Would it be wrong to think Sky and the rest would be shouting about it daily? Perhaps even sorted, fined and banned, etc by now?
I think we know the answer to that question.

Still, there IS an ongoing enquiry and they'll have to clear their throats and hand a judgement down at some point, despite what some here believe.

You’d hope that’s the case at this stage. But even then you’d think some sort of statement indicating it was just a case of mishearing/misinterpreting what Firmino said would be made to put the matter to me bed for the reputations of both players and both clubs. Just think it’s been handled strangely.

I think we know the answer to that question.

Still, there IS an ongoing enquiry and they'll have to clear their throats and hand a judgement down at some point, despite what some here believe.
We play them again in a few weeks.
It's got to be dealt with by then.

Yep.

The FA confirmed To Bascombe the week before last that the investigation was ongoing

The Football Association investigation into claims of racist abuse made by Everton’s Mason Holgate against Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino is set to continue into a fifth week.

A month on from the incident in the Third Round of the FA Cup – which followed an on-field altercation between the pair – the scrutiny by the governing body’s integrity department is ongoing.

Holgate and Firmino were asked to give their version of events, with the FA determined to be as thorough as possible before deciding whether any charges will be brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.