Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Firmino was charged this week. That's not based on any evidence, because I don't know have any, but merely on the FA seeming to be terrified of being seen to have done nothing about a possible racist incident. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if Firmino was charged this week. That's not based on any evidence, because I don't know have any, but merely on the FA seeming to be terrified of being seen to have done nothing about a possible racist incident. Thoughts?

Nah, they're only arsed if it happens against one of the 'top' teams.

The FA charge Rodrques on the word of the player who said he was racially abused. But won't charge Firminho on the word of Holgate who said he was racially abused. So the word of one player is worth more than the word of another player. Or has it something to do with one player accuses a West Brom player and one player accuses an lfc player. Who as a club were still complaining that Suarez was found guilty on the word of one player, even when he admitted using the racial words Evra said he did.
Sounds like the FA are running scared about charging yet another lfc player for racial abuse. This is not incompetence but deliberate bias in favour of lfc because it wouldn't look good for the marketing of the premier league.
If Brewster has been allowed to talk about the racial abuse he is suffered in Russia while the UEFA Investigation is going on, why can't we as a club arrange for Holgate to be interviewed by Everton tv and talk about his experience of racism in football.

I don't think it's just a case of word against word when it comes to Rodriguez though as he's on video holding his nose with the whole ''you stink'' claim. The amount of time this has taken is getting ridiculous but you get the feeling from a few posts in here that people actually want Holgate to of been abused. I hope not because that's actually disgusting.

I don't think it's just a case of word against word when it comes to Rodriguez though as he's on video holding his nose with the whole ''you stink'' claim. The amount of time this has taken is getting ridiculous but you get the feeling from a few posts in here that people actually want Holgate to of been abused. I hope not because that's actually disgusting.
I think his defence is that he was saying his breath stinks.
I agree, the timeline is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

We’ll never hear anything about it.
This is it. I mean, I don't mind if it turns out Holgate was mistaken. No need for anybody to apologise, it's not as if Firmino has had his name dragged through the mud is it? It's been immediately swept under the carpet and he's since enjoyed his best purple patch of his Liverpool career. Obviously if something was proven then the FA would have a lot to answer for, with Firmino helping the RS into the CL quarters and further up the league while they dragged their feet over deciding whether to charge him or not. But, yes, this is obviously going nowhere. I think it's probably been 'dealt with' (read: "we got no proof so aren't taking any action") weeks ago and everybody has decided to keep their mouthes shut about it.

If I was the FA, I'd obscure the fact that nothing had been done by burying this in some obscure overlong regularly published document full of technical dry terminology that no one would read past the summary or conclusion/ recommendations. That's what I'd do if I didn't want to make any waves. Perhaps bring out some more expected headline grabbing stuff around the same time.

The longer this goes on, the denser the mists of time descend. Nothing to see here. Nothing to see at all.

Hey look over there! A squirrel/ song about muslims/ new overseas tv rights deal/ etc.

Another week has passed and nothing.

considering the lack of any sort of news since it happened, is it possible the FA just didn't open a case in the first place? Perhaps it was all sorted behind the scenes and any mention of them investigating was just crap journalism?

It doesn't take them 2 months to sort something like this out, sorry but if something was going to happen they would have done it

This is it. I mean, I don't mind if it turns out Holgate was mistaken. No need for anybody to apologise, it's not as if Firmino has had his name dragged through the mud is it? It's been immediately swept under the carpet and he's since enjoyed his best purple patch of his Liverpool career. Obviously if something was proven then the FA would have a lot to answer for, with Firmino helping the RS into the CL quarters and further up the league while they dragged their feet over deciding whether to charge him or not. But, yes, this is obviously going nowhere. I think it's probably been 'dealt with' (read: "we got no proof so aren't taking any action") weeks ago and everybody has decided to keep their mouthes shut about it.

I think they also need to make sure they eventually make the right decision.
Put the shoe on the other foot, say the FA make a knee jerk decision he is guilty, the RS private investigators will be out in full force, hiring Hetty Wainthrop, taking money out of there kids bank accounts everything to get to the bottom of the story.
Lets say they spend all there savings on getting high tech technology (its ok that my family are living on the streets as long as we get to the bottom of the firmino saga) that finds out exactly what was said, it ends up it was a misunderstanding.
Is it fair to rush it through and ban a player without making sure there is no reasonible doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.