Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasn't, Rodriguez incident was 8 days after our game v Liverpool,

we played them on the 5th, WBA Brighton was the 13th
I think he's saying the Liverpool - West Brom cup game was 2 weeks after Rodriguez is accused of saying something racist, therefore he wouldn't have been allowed to play, score, and knock Liverpool out of the cup if we were applying the logic that those accused of racism should immediately be banned.

I think he's saying the Liverpool - West Brom cup game was 2 weeks after Rodriguez is accused of saying something racist, therefore he wouldn't have been allowed to play, score, and knock Liverpool out of the cup if we were applying the logic that those accused of racism should immediately be banned.

ahhhhhh fair enough

That is what I meant.

just playing Devil's advocate here (and it really makes me baulk saying it) but for you lads saying Firmino should have been banned while the case was on going, shouldn't it be a case of 'innocent till proven guilty?' Also, It's a case of catch 22, if he gets found guilty, then in hindsight he should have been banned whilst the FA were looking into it, but if he had been banned from the start, and missed a fair few games for the RS, then the verdict was not guilty, then wouldn't the RS have every right to feel aggrieved because he was banned? As I say, just playing Devil's advocate.

just playing Devil's advocate here (and it really makes me baulk saying it) but for you lads saying Firmino should have been banned while the case was on going, shouldn't it be a case of 'innocent till proven guilty?' Also, It's a case of catch 22, if he gets found guilty, then in hindsight he should have been banned whilst the FA were looking into it, but if he had been banned from the start, and missed a fair few games for the RS, then the verdict was not guilty, then wouldn't the RS would have every right to feel aggrieved because he was banned? As I say, just playing Devil's advocate.

Definitely. Can't be bothered readingh back but I'm surprised if anyone is seriously calling for him to be banned from when the incident happened - due process is the best course of action.

just playing Devil's advocate here (and it really makes me baulk saying it) but for you lads saying Firmino should have been banned while the case was on going, shouldn't it be a case of 'innocent till proven guilty?' Also, It's a case of catch 22, if he gets found guilty, then in hindsight he should have been banned whilst the FA were looking into it, but if he had been banned from the start, and missed a fair few games for the RS, then the verdict was not guilty, then wouldn't the RS have every right to feel aggrieved because he was banned? As I say, just playing Devil's advocate.

Very astute point. You're totally right. I imagine if the situation were reversed, we'd be screaming if an Everton player was suspended without due process (or whatever the FA calls it). The irritating point for me (and I suspect almost every Evertonian) is it's taken far too long to reach a conclusion on this and get any penalties meted out in a timely fashion.

Definitely. Can't be bothered readingh back but I'm surprised if anyone is seriously calling for him to be banned from when the incident happened - due process is the best course of action.

Could well be right Tubey. doing this on my phone at the moment, but I am deffo sure I've read a few posts saying he should have been banned while the investigation was going on, stating that he is helping the RS win games whilst under a racist allegation, and if he is then found guilty all those teams he's scored against, and helped the RS beat would have every right to feel hard done by.

Very astute point. You're totally right. I imagine if the situation were reversed, we'd be screaming if an Everton player was suspended without due process (or whatever the FA calls it). The irritating point for me (and I suspect almost every Evertonian) is it's taken far too long to reach a conclusion on this and get any penalties meted out in a timely fashion.

Totally agree mate. I know the FA have to leave no stone unturned in the investigation, but it's now got to the point of being comical how long it's taking.

Could well be right Tubey. doing this on my phone at the moment, but I am deffo sure I've read a few posts saying he should have been banned while the investigation was going on, stating that he is helping the RS win games whilst under a racist allegation, and if he is then found guilty all those teams he's scored against, and helped the RS beat would have every right to feel hard done by.

Pretty much there is one person who is saying that in a case like this both players involved should sit out games because they think it would make the FA act faster.

And pretty much everyone else disagrees.

I'm pretty sure if i tell you that he who shouts loudest and for longest gets noticed most you'll be able to guess who that 1 person is.

I’ve very little faith that it’s even being looked into

Pretty much there is one person who is saying that in a case like this both players involved should sit out games because they think it would make the FA act faster.

And pretty much everyone else disagrees.

I'm pretty sure if i tell you that he who shouts loudest and for longest gets noticed most you'll be able to guess who that 1 person is.

Hang on mate, will let you know who I think it is in a mo, just eating a big juicy orange at the moment, bloody thing is going all over me!

Status
Not open for further replies.