Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pen but so many positives to take from that game.
They worked hard
Some good stages of play
Defence looked good
Patterson
Iwobi
Tarkowski

would say Doucoure also apart from pen
Disappointed in Gray, McNeil and Gordon
Just shows how much we need a striker and not just a back up striker but someone to push DCL all the way

If we get Onana, Gana, Coady and defo a striker then I believe we are going to be OK

On thing that did irritate was just not getting up the pitch quickly enough. FFS the goal is that way, boys. So often to see Gordon or Gray get forward, get into the box and not another blue shirt in the picture.

Just got back from the game, as many have said some positives to take from the game, the new signings did well, particularly Tarky.

if Chelsea hadn’t had a pen, we would have at least for a point, they were not very good and embarrassing that they were time wasting from 60 minutes onwards.

However Pickford lumping the ball up to Gordon was a terrible tactic and Gordon was ducking under crosses, it was frustrating to watch, we need a striker before the next game, or play someone else there, or try and keep it on the deck more.

I think we’ll be fine. If we had DCL there today we probably get a draw at the worst.

Doucoure and Gray weren’t great. Hopefully the incomings mean the end for Doucoure especially.

It was a pen but so many positives to take from that game.
They worked hard
Some good stages of play
Defence looked good
Patterson
Iwobi
Tarkowski

would say Doucoure also apart from pen
Disappointed in Gray, McNeil and Gordon
Just shows how much we need a striker and not just a back up striker but someone to push DCL all the way

If we get Onana, Gana, Coady and defo a striker then I believe we are going to be OK

Good post.

Frustrated with Doucoure as much as he’s probably frustrated with himself.

He played some decent balls and had some good touches. If he hadn’t given away the pen that would have been one his decent games for us, which would have been great to highlight.

I think we defended well. This same Chelsea team will be doing over teams probably weekly coming soon.

Richy come back...frustrating when it seems that defensively we look more solid, then we now need to fix the attack and probably not a lot of money to do so.
It's gonna have to be loans. We need to pick up the French league, the German league and the Championship here in England: shake them all vigorously and see what falls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.