Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players need to take individual responsibility for game management, what did Dacoure think was going to happen when you grab someone in the box deep into injury time, of course they are going to go down, have some intelligence for God's same and Mina losing his head again and getting a totally unexpected unnecessary booking, it doesn't put the opposition off it makes them concentrate more, 1st game but start acting properly and professionally with a bit more discipline and up it a level, set an example as you mean to go on show some positive attitude or it will be the same story as last year.

I thought we looked solid in defence, I also think we played some decent football but we where too shot shy in front of goal, Mcneil Gordon and Patterson all had good chances to test the keeper and chose to pass. People saying Chelsea where poor, but I disagree. Kante was everywhere today and they where well drilled at the back. They didn’t create too much but that is testement to our discipline off the ball. We will face worse teams this season for sure. A good striker and I think we could have a better season than been prescribed by the media.

Did Chelsea really have 15 shots?
It was refreshing to see us not concede from a corner.

Only note I can remember was Mount shot that Pickford saved. Reece James that he fumbled to Sterling. And Mykolenkos block on Sterling's shot.

Other than that...no

That game is probably one of the rare times where you can feel pretty positive after a defeat, a bit more needed upfront as we know, but we defended pretty well overall, Thought we put in a pretty decent effort despite what we were missing and then the usual injuries we seem get get every game, and it genuinely is pretty much every game

They were fortunate to win. Think they’ll struggle to get top 4 this season and Tuchel will be sacked. We had no striker, 2 injuries and still gave them a game.

We’ll be sound this season, especially with 2 new mids in.

It’s a disgrace any PL team can’t field a striker, let alone Everton!
Not being funny but you do realise that Sterling was playing up front for them today? City and Liverpool are also playing with a striker for the first time in years as well this season. Plenty of teams can’t or won’t play a striker.

Rondon for example is just unlucky in the circumstances that he was suspended from last year to not play today, he’s not good but he is a striker. We need another forward in for the sake of quality and all that but it does my head in to see people act like we’ve only had DCL and absolutely no one else in the squad that can play there.

Again it’s the quality we lack not the actual lack of someone that can play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.