Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy come back...frustrating when it seems that defensively we look more solid, then we now need to fix the attack and probably not a lot of money to do so.

Only bright spot for me is we've looked far more sound defensively than previous. Addition of two decent mids and a striker will help as well.
We competed well and with a proper striker would have probably got something from that. Played well in the main apart from Gordon and Gray who were woeful lets be honest, lacking so much quality, composure and game management from them two so it was an uphill task.

Iwobi and Tarkowski superb and I though Patterson done well for his full league debut

We won't be winning many games though with what we had up top today thats for sure.
For me the basic problem is some of our players are too thick.

Its an absolute disgrace the club left Lampard to go into that game with that front line. I want to see Kenwright and Moshiri come out and publicly apologise to manager and supporters for their ineptitude
Yup, but hey, many of the fans buy into it with their "wasn't too bad", "not too disappointing" and "we'll be okay with more of that" kind of comments. The board get away with it because losing at home to Chelsea is acceptable to too many. It should never be acceptable - in any circumstances. Not if we are a truly big club. But then, we're not any more...

Pleased enough with that. You can see the basis of an actual team developing. Few more additions (one of whom, for the love of God, needs to be a striker) and we should be in for a much better season.

Status
Not open for further replies.