Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

…think they find coming here difficult, they’ll be in the top 4.

Actually encouraged with Lampard & how the team have quickly adopted to the new set up. A moment of madness cost us with a distinct lack of quality in the top third meaning it was always going to be difficult to get back in the game.

Mina looked good before the inevitable engine failure. Tarkowski a terrific addition and gets my MoM.

Most encouraged that Lampard might be better than I thought. Encouraged.
Absolutely agree.

Sometimes I think that some of the posters on here actually don't support us, or are just looking to be controversial...

Weird some of the comments today!

We competed well and with a proper striker would have probably got something from that. Played well in the main apart from Gordon and Gray who were woeful lets be honest, lacking so much quality, composure and game management from them two so it was an uphill task.

Iwobi and Tarkowski superb and I though Patterson done well for his full league debut

We won't be winning many games though with what we had up top today thats for sure.

Can't let "decent at times" paper over the utter ravines. The typical 'freak' injuries, lack of goal threat and invidual mistakes will make this another painful season. We need more signings badly.

What an awful match. Really depressing stuff from both sides.

We will stay up. And we have the new stadium to look forward to.

That’s all I’ve got though. Sick of seeing Bill’s clueless face munching on Quavers, too.

Pretty lame. We have very little different from last season so it was a high hope to get anything from today. Doucoure and Gray had shockers, Mina glass legs again and Gordon anonymous. Not good enough at all.

There were many positives , but a striker is a must and Coady will also be useful now.

Gordon tried but isn't the answer up front. I thought Holgate was decent when he came on. Also a shout out to Patterson , who acquitted himself well.

Status
Not open for further replies.