Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

banno

Player Valuation: £50m
It was a pen but so many positives to take from that game.
They worked hard
Some good stages of play
Defence looked good
Patterson
Iwobi
Tarkowski

would say Doucoure also apart from pen
Disappointed in Gray, McNeil and Gordon
Just shows how much we need a striker and not just a back up striker but someone to push Dominic Calvert-Lewin all the way

If we get Onana, Gana, Coady and defo a striker then I believe we are going to be OK

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
Just got back from the game, as many have said some positives to take from the game, the new signings did well, particularly Tarky.

if Chelsea hadn’t had a pen, we would have at least for a point, they were not very good and embarrassing that they were time wasting from 60 minutes onwards.

However Pickford lumping the ball up to Gordon was a terrible tactic and Gordon was ducking under crosses, it was frustrating to watch, we need a striker before the next game, or play someone else there, or try and keep it on the deck more.

Connor

"Makes this site unreadable at times."
I think we’ll be fine. If we had Dominic Calvert-Lewin there today we probably get a draw at the worst.

Doucoure and Gray weren’t great. Hopefully the incomings mean the end for Doucoure especially.

Muggins

Player Valuation: £60m
It was a pen but so many positives to take from that game.
They worked hard
Some good stages of play
Defence looked good
Patterson
Iwobi
Tarkowski

would say Doucoure also apart from pen
Disappointed in Gray, McNeil and Gordon
Just shows how much we need a striker and not just a back up striker but someone to push Dominic Calvert-Lewin all the way

If we get Onana, Gana, Coady and defo a striker then I believe we are going to be OK

Good post.

Frustrated with Doucoure as much as he’s probably frustrated with himself.

He played some decent balls and had some good touches. If he hadn’t given away the pen that would have been one his decent games for us, which would have been great to highlight.

I think we defended well. This same Chelsea team will be doing over teams probably weekly coming soon.

AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks