Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean is clearly not the savor that so many of you are dreaming of.
We got away with it today, holding on just as we did against Leeds.
Sean never plays our best team, Sean never knows when to make a change.
If by god, jesus and allah all combined we stay up this season, it won't have anything to do with Sean
We won today. Didn't we?

Savor? And in English?

So, what is our best team?

F@ck 'god, jesus and allah'. (sic)
I'm not religious. But let's praise the 3 points we got today. It's not Mr Dyche fault that he's working with rubbish.
Most of us are worried about our Premier League status. This season is proving that it's a results business, not an entertainment business.

That was a significant win today. Brentford are a decent side and are no mugs. Good front pair, especially Mbuemo who is very underrated. First half we looked very good. Second half we had to defend, battle and contain,,,,,and that# exactly what we did.
Difficult to pick a MOTM as several were very good.....Seamus, Tarks, Kegger, Ghana, Doucs and McNeiL The captain just pipped it for me.

Watching Everton in the US is difficult. 0900 kickoffs have the ability to ruin an entire Saturday and feel like crap all day long. Thankful for 3 massive points and better sleep ahead ahead of me tonight. God bless Dwight McNeil.
I’m glad I don’t live on the west coast. I couldn’t imagine waking up for a 0430 kickoff. I’d do it though, that’s how sick I am lol

was at the game today and I can't believe Doucoure hasn't picked up more votes for MOTM, thought he was excellent, worked his socks off.
McNeill, Gana and Keane put a shift in as well.
Wish we had Toney up front (post ban), we would be a half decent unit with a player up front.
I’ve just finished watching it. I picked Doucoure but it wasn’t an easy decision, some solid performances out there.

It really can`t be over emphasised how pivotal this game could be in our season, the next 3 after these are Chelsea away, Spurs home & Man Utd away. I think there is only 1 to 3 points from them. Even if we get 3 points today and 3 points from the next 3 we could still be in the relegation zone after the next 4 games......

I`ll re-iterate it again, in the 12 games we have left only 4 are against teams in the BOTTOM HALF of the table, 3 of those 4 are AWAY from home... Only 1 home game left against a team in the bottom half of the table. I can see 3 maybe 4 wins but I certainly don`t see 15/16 point plus we need.

Brentford will be tough, very tough, we will need Goodison to be at her bear pit best to get this team over the line.... Brentford are on a roll of 12 unbeaten and only lost 4 in 24 games scoring 40 in them 24 games. How does that compare to Everton who have only won 5 and lost 14, whilst scoring less than half of what Brentford have...

View attachment 206256
You were spot on in saying that it was such an important match and that the fans would play a huge part.

Thankfully the fans were like a 12th man.

Brentford are the better team but vulnerable away from home so hard work, bravery
and belief can win it it for EFC; all Dyche qualities.

If no Dominic Calvert-Lewin stick with DG at 9 and lets hope Dwight scores too.

Dwight was another poor signing but not on the Tosun- Gbamin Wealth Destruction Scale.

At least he can strike a ball and hit the odd centre; he can't run fast or even in a hurry but
he's improving all the time under Dyche so maybe there's even better to come.

Sean is clearly not the savor that so many of you are dreaming of.
We got away with it today, holding on just as we did against Leeds.
Sean never plays our best team, Sean never knows when to make a change.
If by god, jesus and allah all combined we stay up this season, it won't have anything to do with Sean
Mait, we have no bench so it's down to the xi he picks. Today he was forced to bring in Vanorama League Thomas Davies to replace Onana as we genuinely have no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.