Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean is clearly not the savor that so many of you are dreaming of.
We got away with it today, holding on just as we did against Leeds.
Sean never plays our best team, Sean never knows when to make a change.
If by god, jesus and allah all combined we stay up this season, it won't have anything to do with Sean
As long as holding on to it ends up with 3 points then I’ll take that and I’m sure Sean will be happy with that also.

I have to say we should have had the game in the bag 1st half, but we conceded too much ground 2nd half. I thought they would come at us the start of the 2nd half but we gave them too much. I’m very happy with the win and if we can get DCL back for Tottenham and a run of games I’m confident we can get over the line. A long way to go but I cant fault Dyche so far. Understandable that we defend the lead I could feel the tension in the Old lady today but it was backs against the wall stuff. A special mention to Micheal Keane who handled Toney well, but should bagged that header 1st half. UTFT

I have to say we should have had the game in the bag 1st half, but we conceded too much ground 2nd half. I thought they would come at us the start of the 2nd half but we gave them too much. I’m very happy with the win and if we can get Dominic Calvert-Lewin back for Tottenham and a run of games I’m confident we can get over the line. A long way to go but I cant fault Dyche so far. Understandable that we defend the lead I could feel the tension in the Old lady today but it was backs against the wall stuff. A special mention to Micheal Keane who handled Toney well, but should bagged that header 1st half. UTFT

We have to acknowledge that they were the form team in the PL coming into this. The belief we could boss them for 90 minutes is a bit unrealistic.

We were the better team on the day. They can have no complaints.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if we go a goal down we still need to believe. Even if we're 2 down, crack on. Other teams snatch draws and victories from impossible situations, we need to believe that we can. Having said that. I'd take 1-0 wins in every game till the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased Keane had a good game but not sure if I am swallowing my words. One pretty good game does not rule out the 10s of awful ones.
We've taken 4 out of 9pts with 2 games on the road since he cam back in..
His biggest weakness is confidence but after a 4-0 drubbing to arsenal we've taken 4 out of 6pts on offer so that ain't bad for a man with confidence issues..

was at the game today and I can't believe Doucoure hasn't picked up more votes for MOTM, thought he was excellent, worked his socks off.
McNeill, Gana and Keane put a shift in as well.
Wish we had Toney up front (post ban), we would be a half decent unit with a player up front.
Certainly best pass he's made in a long long time, that was a great lay off for McNeil..
And worked is socks off for the rest of the 94 mins.

Great result today lads, really really needed that and you delivered.
Proper tense butt-cheek game as always, but proper spirit out there and picked up 3pts. Can't ask for more then that...
( Actually, can you do it again next week for us !!!

If by god, jesus and allah all combined we stay up this season, it won't have anything to do with Sean
Really?! Surely if we do stay up it would have more to do with Sean than anybody else? Or is it just a coincidence that the players started to become more effective when Sean replaced Frank?

We deffo need an Irony / Sarcasm font on here

Wow !! And that's after a win, can't wait for second chapter to be released...

Status
Not open for further replies.