Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really can`t be over emphasised how pivotal this game could be in our season, the next 3 after these are Chelsea away, Spurs home & Man Utd away. I think there is only 1 to 3 points from them. Even if we get 3 points today and 3 points from the next 3 we could still be in the relegation zone after the next 4 games......

I`ll re-iterate it again, in the 12 games we have left only 4 are against teams in the BOTTOM HALF of the table, 3 of those 4 are AWAY from home... Only 1 home game left against a team in the bottom half of the table. I can see 3 maybe 4 wins but I certainly don`t see 15/16 point plus we need.

Brentford will be tough, very tough, we will need Goodison to be at her bear pit best to get this team over the line.... Brentford are on a roll of 12 unbeaten and only lost 4 in 24 games scoring 40 in them 24 games. How does that compare to Everton who have only won 5 and lost 14, whilst scoring less than half of what Brentford have...

1678527591779.png

Haven’t you said something similar of every game for about 2 months?
I see this as difficult but winnable, our away form is that bad I don`t think we win many of them and we have some tough tough home games. Unfortunately we are running out of games and have to start picking up points....

Still lots of games left, other teams as bad as us, we won some expected loss games in the run-in last year, not down until we are mathematically out of it, Dom and Garner back soon etc etc etc.

None of that stops 3 points today being an absolute necessity to avoid the drop. More comforting to think otherwise and keep pushing the panic another week into the future, but we need to start an upturn in form earlier than the other strugglers. I don’t think we can leave that any later than today.

That said, these are another team made up of players that we would deem beneath us if linked. We’ve still had a few players not turn up the last few games despite the predicament. If Onana had been 7/10 against Forest we’d have won comfortably imho. If him and Iwobi have their best games for weeks and Gana is awake, we beat these scrotes. Just need no brain farts and to convert a couple of the decent chances we’ve been creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.