Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...presume you‘re referring to Godfrey. Have a look at the one-on-one Wilson put past the post, then look at Mina treading water trying to run him down and Keane totally out of the game when the ball goes beyond. Have a look at virtually every ball played down their right channel that Wilson comfortably got on the end of to gain valuable possession for them in the top third.

It happened so often, Wilson had a free reign running in behind and when anybody got close he bullied them. Personally, I thought the absence of Godfrey was obvious.
Apologies, I was referring to the absence of any tactical/player changes during the game.

12 corners Newcastle had today, that's a joke in itself then to get beat 0-2 aswell.

A team in poor form, in a rut, why not go at them from the off n play further up the pitch than normal. Instead we sit deep still, play slow and give them confidence

There were way too many problems and nobody can really blame Carlo for this one. At Everton's worst, they should still be beating these comfortably.

Richarlison - Needs to be dropped, he's desperate to score and his teammates want him to pass. 3

DCL - Didn't do anything wrong - but how many games has he gone without a decent chance? Starved of opportunities. 5

James - bad game. Needs to own it. Got kicked around today, but that's the league. Don't want this to be a thing where people can just start kicking him everyweek. 5

Siggy - can't play CM or DM. Can only harass the opp as a AM. Should have started Gomes. 4

Doucoure - was ok but didn't do anything. Needs to do more. 4

Iwobi - Dissapointing, completely out of the game. 3

Coleman - I hope that's it for Coleman, good servant, but just way too average. 3

Digne - Can't play LB anymore - the rest of the team is too slow so he can't defend AND attack, has to be one or the other. 4

Mina/Keane - solid 5/5

Pickford - should have got a hand to the first imo. 4

We as a club are in danger of becoming irrelevant. And pointless. A nothing club.
Would I rather we were a club winning things - of course!
Would I rather we were a club see-sawing from relegation to promotion - of course not!
But where we are as a club is no man's land.
When the pressure is off we are capable of beating anybody. When the expectancy is on we bottle it.
It's a well worn trail unfortunately.
I'm sure there isn't another club in world football who can squander opportunities like we do. It's sickening.
Even with one of the world's greatest managers we can't seem to change the mentality of a team of bottlers.
We are the stereotypical mid-table club who don't even threaten to bring a cup home.
Very depressing.

Apologies, I was referring to the absence of any tactical/player changes during the game.

....sorry, Matey. Ancelotti gave Rodriguez a free role and played Sigurdsson and Doucoure as deep DMs. Our problem from the outset was Rodriguez also played deep, and often from wide positions. We couldn’t get up the pitch and there was a huge void behind DCL.

Ancelotti eventually put Gomes in that no10 role and pushed Rodriguez out wide but the damage was done. I thought Ancelotti should have pushed Rodriguez into a conventional no10 role earlier and ask him to orchestrate the game in the top third. Alternatively, swap him with Iwobi and give us running power in a central position.

James though? Hahahaha

Honestly done me that.

Btw you should have a little gander in the Richy thread and you might have to start throwing digs at all the people agreeing with me.

Blame James though ey?
Seriously Parker and now we’re an hour after the disappointment, the lot were pathetic today. I wasnt having a go at James, it just seems to me he’s MOTM before we kick a ball. no effort, no desire from anyone

Seriously Parker and now we’re an hour after the disappointment, the lot were pathetic today. I wasnt having a go at James, it just seems to me he’s MOTM before we kick a ball. no effort, no desire from anyone
But he was quite clearly the best player in blue. And you picked him out of all of the other flappers. Sorry but that's just ludicrous.

We’ve gifted Newcastle six points this season and most of their own fans want Steve Bruce hung, drawn and quartered.

I’d like to say I’m shocked by today’s result but deep down I knew with a potential 4th place spot available we’d mess it up...just once in my life time can I get a consistently decent Everton.

I don’t need us to win every match. I just want a club that’s try’s every game to the best of their abilities.

I’m happy to give Carlo time, he deserves it with his trophy laden career but the board and owner need to pull their fingers out and take a massive axe to all the deadwood that is choking this club from ever truly succeeding again.

We won’t be lucky enough to get a much better manager than Carlo, but he needs the resources and players to make us a force again, cause results like today shouldn’t happen.

We are Everton Fc and our fan base deserves more!!

I t
....sorry, Matey. Ancelotti gave Rodriguez a free role and played Sigurdsson and Doucoure as deep DMs. Our problem from the outset was Rodriguez also played deep, and often from wide positions. We couldn’t get up the pitch and there was a huge void behind DCL.

Ancelotti eventually put Gomes in that no10 role and pushed Rodriguez out wide but the damage was done. I thought Ancelotti should have pushed Rodriguez into a conventional no10 role earlier and ask him to orchestrate the game in the top third. Alternatively, swap him with Iwobi and give us running power in a central position.
I think that's irrelevant to be honest. The players were all rubbish with the exception of James. No running off the ball, misplaced passes and losing all of the 50-50 balls. Nothing to do with formation.

Absolutely no excuses today. On paper that's close to our best 11 and we were absolute garbage. Says alot that he didn't even think to get Gordon on. Richy looked abject and Siggy...well just did a Siggy. Leeds will come at us on Wednesday. We like those kinda games as well as playing away. Got to live out a depressing weekend (curse of playing first) but couple days to sort our ish out. Godfrey and Holgate have to get back into this side

Status
Not open for further replies.