Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has never played midfield for us at all...few games there for Norwich. If anything I would have started Davies in. But one player doesn't make a difference. Just a crap performance....again...

The whole club mentality needs a massive overhaul...but people have been saying that since the 90's...Moyes hit the glass ceiling with us and didn't win any trophies...bottled the top 4 run in and semis with Martinez...dire since then until this year, Ancelotti has without a doubt turned some corner with us, but results and most importantly the performances against Newcastle x 2, Soton, West Ham, Rotherham just shows we are nowhere near top 4 and will likely finish 7-10th

We have some quality...but we don't have enough of it- ANOTHER big summer ahead.
Carlo mentioned it when he signed him. Just think he would be more consistent than what we have. Iwobi has one good game in five

I t

I think that's irrelevant to be honest. The players were all rubbish with the exception of James. No running off the ball, misplaced passes and losing all of the 50-50 balls. Nothing to do with formation.
Formation wasn't the problem like you said lack of work rate desire cost us

That was bloody awful.

Up front, Richarlison has been poor all season but the rest have been a bit up and down .

The defence was looking ok so I think changing half of your back four is always risky. I assume Ancelotti didn't think Newcastle would be much of an attacking threat but Seamus sadly looks a shadow of the player he was and Digne is out of form so, bad move Carlo.

However, the most worrying traits for me are how, firstly, every team we have played seems to be able to get up the pitch against us so easily. And I mean every team. and secondly, how poor we are at keeping the ball for a sustained period.

We need a couple more very good windows to get us any where near where we want to be. But that's something we all knew aleady

It’s games like this where you truly understand how much of a dumpster fire Iceland is. An utter waste of space. I’m not sure if he even touched the ball today

That was bloody awful.

Up front, Richarlison has been poor all season but the rest have been a bit up and down .

The defence was looking ok so I think changing half of your back four is always risky. I assume Ancelotti didn't think Newcastle would be much of an attacking threat but Seamus sadly looks a shadow of the player he was and Digne is out of form so, bad move Carlo.

However, the most worrying traits for me are how, firstly, every team we have played seems to be able to get up the pitch against us so easily. And I mean every team. and secondly, how poor we are at keeping the ball for a sustained period.

We need a couple more very good windows to get us any where near where we want to be. But that's something we all knew aleady
Had that for years, they always seem to have miles to run into, yet we seem to come up against brick walls, we don’t remotely counter attack teams either

That was bloody awful.

We are stuck with dead wood until however long their contracts run out - just like we were stuck with Niasse so guaranteed to haver the world class talent of Fabian Delph for 2021/22

Playing Sig as DM just doesn’t work, he slows everything down & allows the opposition to get into shape.

The pace of Wilson caused us problems at their place, Godfrey should have played to counter this.

Seamus is done so we either need a new RB or continue with Godfrey or Holgate.

Digne also struggles up against space so needs to play in midfield as the Leicester game in certain matches.

Playing Sig as DM just doesn’t work, he slows everything down & allows the opposition to get into shape.

The pace of Wilson caused us problems at their place, Godfrey should have played to counter this.

Digne also struggles up against space so needs to play in midfield as the Leicester game in certain matches.
When a paddling pool has multiple holes and you only have 2 or 3 plasters it's always going to leak somewhere.

Digne had an off day that’s for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.