Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Bruce will always absolutely own this football club. Doesn’t matter who our manger is, who’s on the pitch or what form we are in, the bloke lives in our head and will pull a tactical masterclass out of his massive backside.

We literally cannot laugh at Newcastle anymore.
We can't laugh at anyone. We've wasted hundreds of millions on rubbish players and expecting Ancelotti to sort it out in less than 3 years is unrealistic.

Absolute dross - A real c0ck up by Everton by not brining anyone in - never was there a better chance to crack into the top places but instead of that we are stuck with Sigs, Gomes, 1 striker and erm, Delph.

Real disaster is what I call it. Should have went for Zaha

No chance of beating Spurs in the cup - finish 7th or 8th. De ja vU

It was crap! The changes in defence corresponded with the demented calls to change the back four because defensive football is ‘unsustainable’ and it’s much more fun to lose with attacking players than to pick up points with top class defenders.

There were two corners there that Richarlison was on the near post and didn't defend either of them.

That could have been 0-3 if Wilson had nailed that 1-1 with Pickford.

They seem to hack away James and the rest of the team did nothing, no moaning no complaining. As for the players, they seem to go.. give it to James he do the work. Everything backwards or sideways
James did really well to open up space with his crossfield passes for Digne and Richarlison. Who did nothing with it. And playing Coleman hurt us down the right per usual.

Steve Bruce will always absolutely own this football club. Doesn’t matter who our manger is, who’s on the pitch or what form we are in, the bloke lives in our head and will pull a tactical masterclass out of his massive backside.

We literally cannot laugh at Newcastle anymore.
It's his 5th win in 25 matches against us and two of those have been this season.

If
I just feel that it’s a never ending cycle always 2-3 played short.
we could get rid of Sigs, Gomes and Bernard all on big wages that would free up fund. We wouldn’t miss them and if they went tomorrow and we played 3x u23 we wouldn’t be any worse. Also add Tosun to that, but atleast he does put the effort in when he’s on the pitch.

We have just deservedly got beat by a Newcastle that have been rubbish for weeks, nothing fantastic about how they did it just outworked us and wanted it more. Same as a few other teams have done Leeds, West Ham
Not surprised either, we have created nothing for weeks and anytime a team has a high work rate against us, we fold.
We are average at best lack courage and are generally rubbish to watch too often.

These are supposed to be professional footballers, amongst the best of the best. But i honestly do not get, why they can not accurately pass forward more than 2 feet, create anything meaningful, nearly all lack passion, why the dont at least run their hearts out giving it their all..........as fans we get virtually nothing and depressingly before this game we knew what would happen

Being objective here I think he has a large % of the proiblems his way. He sets up the training of which I have no idea what they do, he sets up how we are meant to play of which, again I have no idea what we do, he picks the team and players. Once that whistle blows it's all out of his hands but the team playing is representative of how he wants them to.

Try 40 years

And look at the bigger picture; people got massively carried away by our results. The expectations this year was Europa, which we’ll achieve.

Nah but anyone watching 40 years has seen titles and trophies! Try being born less than a year before the last time we won something. It gets worse every year watching this team, dont see much changing any time soon.

I'm not convinced we'll get 7th. We go on good runs then have a shock result and a bad run. If this snowballs into another poor run then we will be 9th or 10th at best.

You don't get done hone and away by a side like that and make Europe. Its

So poor we played like an away team again. Had chances but no control. Sloppy and lethargic why drip Davies? Gylfi awful. A team that presses and out works us at home Leeds, West Ham, now Newcastle wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.