Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is looking to be a problem.

I wouldn’t say so. Having a crowd there isn’t gonna suddenly make the players pass and move on the ball or look to receive the ball as opposed to just standing around waiting for it to come to them. He problems are much bigger that that. Literally we have been sussed out. We can’t handle when teams press us and we don’t know how to break them down once we get to the half way line and they have every man behind the ball.

The referee was horrid. iceman got studded twice and they got the free kick. james got bullied but advantages were forgotted again. just like mick dean in the last game.

yes we played terrible. giving the ball away and hiding. But the officials bias is a thing.

Still. We have Carlo and are premature in his transformation. So lets put it behind us and look to the future.
I agree, the thing is by allowing the game to be more 'physical' than the average premier league game you give them a clear advantage because, not only do they play that way, but they cant play any other way and we had just changed our lineup to be less physical more technical and surprise surprise this the week the reffs choose to allow a lot more physicality than the norm.

This sums it up today. I have a manc red friend. ( I know its tough). But I discuss with him how I could win alot of cash on everton losing by looking at Evertons lack of intensity in particular matches after 15 mins. I dont bet but He text me today 20 mins into match. He wasnt even watching it. I said it will end 2 nil to newcastle. I reckoned a goal 20 mins to go and a goal near full time.Didnt think he would actually go bet on it. He did. He won 320. Why do you do this to me everton.

Newcastle were on us from the off.
Leeds will run us off the park - it’s a really bad match up for us and as for the Utd game - they’ve got our measure even when we play our 4 centre half’s. Devastating loss this one to a really poor side

Leeds just recently got battered by Tottenham 3-0, then lost to Crawley Town in the FA Cup 3-0, then got beat by Brighton at home and only just won their last game against Newcastle (A game that Newcastle had 22 shots and didn't deserve to lose).

Yeah Leeds will run us off the park, our seasons over.... The fans on here. Jesus Christ.

I don’t think he is capable of bombing on anymore and the players know that so we try and play the vast majority down the Digne side.

Digne is amazing but he needs a threat on the opposite wing so that he gets some space every so often.

in 2021, the opposition can predict that we are going to play towards Digne and account for that knowing that they have the legs to close Seamus down even if he has a bit of a head start.

To play the game we want to play I think we need some level of pace from our fullbacks and we only have one side that has that right now. Don’t get me wrong, Seamus has been a great player for us but everyone needs replacing at some point.

Digne had plenty of space today, didn't do anything with it thou

Status
Not open for further replies.