Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Italian Fraud can find a way to accomodate 3 CMs then he can accomodate 3 mobile AMs.

Docoure James

Iwobi Bernard Richarlison

DCL

James can join the attack with Docoure/Allan instructed to sit back. This is for HOME games only against lesser teams. In away games he can have Allan and Docoure or Davies
Where’s the protection coming from in that line up? All well and good going all out but that leaves the defence badly exposed

What a waste of 2 games in hand. It was only Wednesday I was having a bit of banter with my sons who are reds. Now I'm looking for a rock to crawl under. Supporting Everton is seriously bad fot my health

She was a founding member of the forum.
Ok, has the forum being going 19 years? Tbh I don’t know or care. I suggest you do what I’m going to do now. Close the forum get on and try to enjoy your weekend and try to forget about this rubbish we have just watched. Good day

Newcastle wanted it more, worked harder and fought harder. Its not rocket science.

Unless you have a Messi type who can change the game in an instant, inveriably hard work beats talent alone.

Tell me why. Not for the first time this season he found himself as the only player trying to add energy to our attacking intentions. No, he's not the player he was but I can't recall one game where his performance has cost us points.

I don’t think he is capable of bombing on anymore and the players know that so we try and play the vast majority down the Digne side.

Digne is amazing but he needs a threat on the opposite wing so that he gets some space every so often.

in 2021, the opposition can predict that we are going to play towards Digne and account for that knowing that they have the legs to close Seamus down even if he has a bit of a head start.

To play the game we want to play I think we need some level of pace from our fullbacks and we only have one side that has that right now. Don’t get me wrong, Seamus has been a great player for us but everyone needs replacing at some point.

So I guess the solution is shoehorning a slow lethargic Sigurdsson at DM and putting another CM in Gomes.

Perhaps he needs to work with his offensive and "mobile" players in training more. If hoof to DCL is the way to go with James the only ball playing AM then we might as well not have Sam.

The ones who bring such light weight and lethargic players need to be held accountable.

Its like almost every player that was brought in the last 2 years is now garbage and unsellable.

I haven't seen one goal build up from Gomes, Davies, Docoure, Allan, Sigurdsson.

You stop Digne, you stop 90% goals.
Digne had an off day today along with many others. In terms of Iwobi, I have not seen him have a good game with Seamus behind him. There is a much better chemistry with Holgate. I know a lot of people won’t like this but we are a much defensive unit with Holgate and Godfrey. I thought Gomes tried to be positive when he come on at least. Siggardson was badly found wanting particularly 2nd half. Fair play Newcastle played well but the blend in the middle of the park didn’t work. Doucoure wasn’t playing his natural game. I don’t think we are in crisis I have seen much worse. This has been a sobering leveller.

Status
Not open for further replies.