Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He played Iwobi, he done next to nothing. Bernard has played with James, done next to nothing
So I guess the solution is shoehorning a slow lethargic Sigurdsson at DM and putting another CM in Gomes.

Perhaps he needs to work with his offensive and "mobile" players in training more. If hoof to DCL is the way to go with James the only ball playing AM then we might as well not have Sam.
Iwobi isn’t a footballer and Bernard is too lightweight. Iwobi had no impact today at all and sadly neither does Bernard when he plays for us.

The ones who bring such light weight and lethargic players need to be held accountable.

Its like almost every player that was brought in the last 2 years is now garbage and unsellable.

I haven't seen one goal build up from Gomes, Davies, Docoure, Allan, Sigurdsson.

You stop Digne, you stop 90% goals.

Is anyone playing playing anywhere near to 50% of there ability on the wings atm, that answer is a big NO. Richy has been poor Iwobi wasn’t very good, Bolasie couldn’t have been any worse. At least he would have been hungry.
My Nan would be a more viable option than Bolasie and she’s been dead for 19 years.

This was the biggest wake up call that our position and hopes of top 6 are false. We have too many players who can be decent now and again but passengers the week after.

I think in the cold light of day there has been a lot that has gone our way this season in terms of timings of injuries, form and even games being called off.

This Newcastle team are not good at all and their fans were expecting a hiding today which is what we should be capable of giving them if we have true ambition.

We need Carlo to have a real come to Jesus moment with that squad today and tell them that he doesn’t accept mediocrity and so the squad has to play for their place in his team next year or has to play to prove they can get another club between now and the end of the season.

I am dreading Wednesday because despite leeds’ clear frailties in defence, they will most definitely outwork us for the entire game again.

This is all about mentality. How many teams do we come up against who just want it more ?
100%. Mentality wont change until we get the players out. The ones who are happy to go through the motions, not take any responsibility or stand up and demand more. The squad is wafer thin but theres still a list as long as your arm that need moving on. Then theres the quality, how many of these players would get into a top 4 side?

they worked harder than us but were allowed to by the incompetent reff constantly allowed them to lunge in to tackles or to tackle with excessive force. had he done his job in the first 20mins it would've been a different game instead they rattled us physically and we lost our way. not an excuse but its true if you allow a side that can only really play that physical style to play that way then you as good as decide the game.

Spot on mate when you have a few ref as bad as that the opposition know they can get away with murder an then continue to tackle over the top as it goes unpunished.

That long break after new year killed any momentum we had

Look this result was shocking , but i still believe we have enough about us to get a Europa spot

So I guess the solution is shoehorning a slow lethargic Sigurdsson at DM and putting another CM in Gomes.

Perhaps he needs to work with his offensive and "mobile" players in training more. If hoof to DCL is the way to go with James the only ball playing AM then we might as well not have sacked Sam.
We can’t accommodate 3 attacking midfielders as we’d get even more blown away in the middle, we need better options on either side of the front line who can come in when Richarlison has a slump in form and Iwobi is Iwobi

Be honest I am just never confident in this club to be successful ever again. Us younger ones best we have seen is a day out to Wembley. I always get this feeling that we are going to everton it up at some point. Love the club so much but god it’s like you cheat on me every year haha.
I think it’s a case of getting out the players that have been here to long, firstly Sigs, Gomes isn’t really much use to us, that’s to name 2.

Holgate and Godfrey must play against Leeds. Seems like Allan is missing a few weeks, so prepare for another 3 defeats yet before we get any more points.

How many years and managers come and go at this club. Where a team comes here who haven't won in 560 years and win, or a striker who hasn't scored since he was 7 comes here and scores. It happens far to often. Ancelloti has got a lot to answer for. His tactics are baffelling at times or is it his motervational techniques. If he thinks Siggurdson deserves a place above anyone who was sitting on the bench I'm baffelled. One of the 2 keepers could have played instead and would have done a better job. The whole thing stinks. They are one of the worst teams I've seen for a long time and they played us off the park today.

Another Sunderland, if you`ve seen the Sunderland till I die series you will know what I mean.

Just another Premier League club that continually just makes up the numbers, not threatening at the top or bottom. We have it, Mediocrity, it is here....
Yeah I’ve seen it and yeah should do a series on us. Easier for them because there rivals are crap, which makes it worse because They just done the double on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.