Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If

we could get rid of Sigs, Gomes and Bernard all on big wages that would free up fund. We wouldn’t miss them and if they went tomorrow and we played 3x u23 we wouldn’t be any worse. Also add Tosun to that, but atleast he does put the effort in when he’s on the pitch.
Sigs needs to be shot to be fair. He is a coward in every way. And least the under 23s lads would shot fight and be committed.

Best chance we have had in years to qualify for the champions league and we are doing what Everton do best and what the supporters have become all very used to and are sick to death of i.e making a complete hash of it through half assed performances and a still unresolved loser mentality. They give you a bit of hope and then yank it away from you in the most embarrassing fashion. Been doing it for years.

Needless to say i am not voting for any of the losers for MOTM.

Was he? Didn't notice anything of significance that was likely to have impacted on the game.

...presume you‘re referring to Godfrey. Have a look at the one-on-one Wilson put past the post, then look at Mina treading water trying to run him down and Keane totally out of the game when the ball goes beyond. Have a look at virtually every ball played down their right channel that Wilson comfortably got on the end of to gain valuable possession for them in the top third.

It happened so often, Wilson had a free reign running in behind and when anybody got close he bullied them. Personally, I thought the absence of Godfrey was obvious. Broken record I am, but Godfrey has to play CB if Ancelotti wants us to be more expansive.

So Everton could have gone 5th with a win - with 1 game in hand. An incentive, surely, to paste the Barcodes at home and remain within the mix. Trust the players to wilt under any expectation. Moan over. Everton FC are in good hands with Carlo.

One thing about Everton you can be sure will happen, if a team hasn’t won for ages or a player hasn't scored for ages. We did better today Newcastle winning and Wilson scoring, usually one or the other, but we excelled today we achieved both great work COYB.
I knew as soon as they said Wilson was two goals away from 100 and hasn't scored in almost ten matches that he was getting a brace against us. I hate that it was my first thought, and it turned out to be true.

The sad reality is that Everybody's Favourite Obsessed Red Whoppers From Across The Park ™️ will always prevail, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Done with the shower of sticky brown stuff that is footie and the rancid culture it generates. Bye.

Absolute dross - A real c0ck up by Everton by not brining anyone in - never was there a better chance to crack into the top places but instead of that we are stuck with Sigs, Gomes, 1 striker and erm, Delph.

Real disaster is what I call it. Should have went for Zaha

No chance of beating Spurs in the cup - finish 7th or 8th. De ja vU
7th or 8th.Highly unlikely . Top ten will be very difficult. I see 13th like last year

This girl Jill Scott on loan from Man City, is far better than DCL. Can we bend the rules a bit and throw her
up front for the rest of the season, she has more skill and bottle than the current Nancy Boy.
Both full backs are a total waste of space and I'm getting a sore throat saying so.
Carlo, do us a favour and do one!

Status
Not open for further replies.