Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic.

No urgency or desire to win... same against Leicester.

Richarlison needs to be dropped... not seen him
do anything good for months.

DCL has lost the goal scoring touch but to be honest he didn’t have much to go on.

I hope we bring someone in to help breath some life into this team that looks bereft at the moment.

Very disappointing.

I t

I think that's irrelevant to be honest. The players were all rubbish with the exception of James. No running off the ball, misplaced passes and losing all of the 50-50 balls. Nothing to do with formation.

It's not necessarily about formation, but the spaces the players occupy. When JR comes down so deep, and the team plays so compressed in the build up phase, it becomes very easy for Newcastle to defend themselves.

We get no one to play on between the lines, and we do not get to use the width and depth in the field. We do not need 8 players to play through a pressure that consists of 3 players.

It's not necessarily about formation, but the spaces the players occupy. When JR comes down so deep, and the team plays so compressed in the build up phase, it becomes very easy for Newcastle to defend themselves.

We get no one to play on between the lines, and we do not get to use the width and depth in the field. We do not need 8 players to play through a pressure that consists of 3 players.
He comes deep because of the lack of movement in the midfield. Rooney used to do the same.

And forget about keeping Rich or Calvin Lewin - they will be snapped up by the bigger teams. Everton will have all that dead wood back at FF next season, until contracts run out - Sigs, Delph,Gomes probably aided by the world class of Yannick and Tosun when they are back from more loans.!

Its hard facts, supporting Everton too long

We as a club are in danger of becoming irrelevant. And pointless. A nothing club.
Would I rather we were a club winning things - of course!
Would I rather we were a club see-sawing from relegation to promotion - of course not!
But where we are as a club is no man's land.
When the pressure is off we are capable of beating anybody. When the expectancy is on we bottle it.
It's a well worn trail unfortunately.
I'm sure there isn't another club in world football who can squander opportunities like we do. It's sickening.
Even with one of the world's greatest managers we can't seem to change the mentality of a team of bottlers.
We are the stereotypical mid-table club who don't even threaten to bring a cup home.
Very depressing.
In danger of?? We have been, seen and acted like a nothing club for 30 years, funny enough, a similar time as a certain Mr kenwrong has been involved!

And forget about keeping Rich or Calvin Lewin - they will be snapped up by the bigger teams. Everton will have all that dead wood back at FF next season, until contracts run out - Sigs, Delph,Gomes probably aided by the world class of Yannick and Tosun when they are back from more loans.!

Its hard facts, supporting Everton too long
Bolasie won’t be back, he’s already said his goodbyes as he’s out of contract in the summer

Richarlison
Gomes
Gylfi

Did bugger all today.
They are coasting on big contracts.

Shape up or do one! And that’s being polite!

Status
Not open for further replies.