Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentality, leadership, formation... blah blah blah

The players are simply not good enough. We’re so far away from being a good side it’s painful

Before today I was desperately thinking "Surely we're gonna smash somebody soon", but now I'm thinking more "Leeds are going to absolutely roast us".

I showed more effort / desire by getting up at 4:15 am to watch that crap than any of the players today. Won't make that mistake again this season !
The loss is bad enough but the total lack of intensity and desire is unacceptable.

This was the biggest wake up call that our position and hopes of top 6 are false. We have too many players who can be decent now and again but passengers the week after.

I think in the cold light of day there has been a lot that has gone our way this season in terms of timings of injuries, form and even games being called off.

This Newcastle team are not good at all and their fans were expecting a hiding today which is what we should be capable of giving them if we have true ambition.

We need Carlo to have a real come to Jesus moment with that squad today and tell them that he doesn’t accept mediocrity and so the squad has to play for their place in his team next year or has to play to prove they can get another club between now and the end of the season.

I am dreading Wednesday because despite leeds’ clear frailties in defence, they will most definitely outwork us for the entire game again.
Way before today, schooled by Leicester in midweek and home losses to Leeds, West Ham and 2 defeats to Newcastle. Rotherham & Sheff Wed outplayed us for large periods. We are so far away....

I can't actually bring myself to vote for any of them after that. I've seen some poor performances in recent years but i don't think they were any where near as bad as that. Truly awful

We can’t accommodate 3 attacking midfielders as we’d get even more blown away in the middle, we need better options on either side of the front line who can come in when Richarlison has a slump in form and Iwobi is Iwobi

If the Italian Fraud can find a way to accomodate 3 CMs then he can accomodate 3 mobile AMs.

Docoure James

Iwobi Bernard Richarlison

DCL

James can join the attack with Docoure/Allan instructed to sit back. This is for HOME games only against lesser teams. In away games he can have Allan and Docoure or Davies

Apologies I thought this started with you calling Siggurdson out, my mistake. Can you remove the finger now I’ve had enough ;)
James though? Hahahaha

Honestly done me that.

Btw you should have a little gander in the Richy thread and you might have to start throwing digs at all the people agreeing with me.

Blame James though ey?

Status
Not open for further replies.