Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any win is a good win but that win felt like something special. Well worth the 4 hours sleep. Once again not a single player had an off day, everyone at the races, zouma, gomes, gana, digne, bernard and dcl were phenomenal all game. Jagielka has still got it, read the game like a boss, some beauty headers and leadership and a fitting bow if that's to be his last game in blue. Keep the momentum going against Fulham and we are in the mix for 7th. COYFBB

How does jags not get it? Comes in last minute as an OAP to the despair of Evertonians. Puts in a performance clean sheet and scores the winner. Is it cause he prooved everyone wrong that sourness prevails.

We completely outplayed Arsenal today. If we'd won 3-0 I still would've thought it flattered them.

Zouma capped a good performance with some importantly won headers in the final ten minutes, that's probably why I went with him for MOM, but there were so many good performances today. I found myself smiling during the evening when it was sinking in how well we had played.

It was frustrating we didn't add a second goal to ease my nerves! I hope we can now maintain this level of performance for the remainder of the season. Contented Blue tonight.

I voted team and changed and voted Bernard, but I can’t believe Richarlison only got 1 vote. He worked his tripe off no one worked harder today, murdered Monreal both going forward and defending. There’s only Pickford had less votes.

23 shots against Arsenal, thats a little insane.

Also, only scoring one, by your CB. Fantastic performance today, because this is Everton, I fully expect a letdown against Fulham....but maybe it continues?

I had the most dubious pleasure of Jim Beglin co-commentating on this game. Tell me its not just NZ that has to put up with this twit. He was his typical smug self. He got very excited at the goal; saw a toe creep over the line and be ome the font of all football knowledge. More of the same at half time. Only when it got to MOtD did someone figure out that they had best explain that FIFA had amended the laws around throw ins. Come on, if you are going to be a pundit, offer expert opinions then at least know the laws of the game if you are going to comment on them.

While Im banging on (beer o'clock here and still celebrating) I thought the ref was good. Spotted their cynical play, didnt buy into play acting etc. The Mustafi one on DcL was close but i thought he sussed them out early.

Got the game saved so might watch it all again very soon.

Got to try buy Gomez, I fear one or two of the top 4 might be interested too if he continues playing like this till the end of the season.
Ive a feeling after his trials and tribulations at Barca that if Gomes is signing for anybody it will be were he knows he fits in,is settled and has the confidence of the manager ,his teamates and esp the fans .,and he has that here.
hes lost 2 years of his career ,he wont want to lose any more

Status
Not open for further replies.