Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does he replace though?
I would play him Left Midfield personally he is similar to Pienaar so would bring Baines into the game more in my opinion however Koeman plays a fluid style in the attacking areas so Brahimi would end up moving all over the midfield. Would push Lennon out. Mirallas Bolasie Deulofeu pushing for 1 spot

You've managed to confuse me...not sure how thats relevant to my point about us not scaring teams with our signings?

Didn't you say that the teams in the top 10 had kept their best players and bought really well?

Apologies if I've got mixed up on that.

As for the last bit of my post, I think the fact we've signed Bolasie to play where Cleverley played for much of last season will 'scare' sides - which was my point.

And anyway, the point of signings isn't to 'scare' other sides anyway, it's about improving on what we had before. All of our signings so far have done that.

Stek - 33

Williams - 32
Jagielka - 34
Mori - 25
Holgate - 19
Baines - 31
Oviedo - 26

McCarthy - 25
Barry - 35
Gueye - 26
Gibson - 28
Cleverley - 27
Barkley - 22

Mirallas - 28
Deulofeu - 22
Lukaku - 23
Kone - 32
Bolasie - 27

That is every player that has featured in the three competitive games so far this season Zat.

In total, six of the 18 over 30 (Barry has been our best player, yet again, and Stek has made some outstanding saves out of that bunch).

Six of the 18 are below the magic '26' - Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Del, Lukaku, Holgate. I'd say Mori has been the weakest performer out of all of them.

Which means the final third of players are players as you could describe as been in their 'prime' years.

That's very balanced however you look at it.

I said first eleven players didnt i (regulars)...

Holgate /Mori/Deulofeuand McCarthy wont be...Lukaku and Barkley will be.

Sissoko, Kone and Brahimi, plus a striker and maybe a goalie, can we get that many deals done in 5 days!??

There is lot of players still not moved who we have been linked with, what is going on!!

Are they waiting to do it on deadline day!!

Doesn't mean Del won't play though mate.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of game time.
I think many a fan have become entrenched in the Martinez mentality of having one starting XI that will play regardless of opposition bar injuries.

Koeman (no mustard or Irish centre backs today) seems much more willing to adapt his approach and line up, so I agree we'll see more rotation.

So I think we'll see an adaptive setup with Rom, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Bolasie and whoever else rotating and playing different formations.

I said first eleven players didnt i (regulars)...

Holgate /Mori/Deulofeuand McCarthy wont be...Lukaku and Barkley will be.

I don't think anybody knows that except Koeman itself.

If the players are good enough and improve the team, then they'll play, regardless of whether they're 21 or 34.

Over how many games?

Would you class then as 'excellent' really? For me excellent would be a lulaku or similar quality.

I wouldn't say they were "excellent" yet, but that all appear to be shrewd buys who will make us a stronger team

I would say Gueye for a mere 7 Million was a bargain in the current climate

I know some are worrying for Del at the moment, but he's going to have to step up. Bolasie coming in, along with Kev and Lennon already being there, are going to mean he's going to have to earn his place

I'll be honest, I think in the past two league games Kev has been better than Del overall. When it comes to dropping one of them at this point, I'd struggle to justify dropping Kev, I really would. Meanwhile, Bolasie in his brief time on the field for us has looked good. I expect Koeman to rotate and try new combinations, but Del's position is not set in stone, and that's as much on him as anyone else

The key point which @BlueToff is missing is that if teams above stand still WE still need to improve to finish above them.
i actually agree with that point. Said it a few weeks back, reason for the urgency of the recruitment was that we needed to be better than them.

Lucky for us most of them have not bothered for some odd reason lol

The key point which @BlueToff is missing is that if teams above stand still WE still need to improve to finish above them.

And so far we have improved...

The reason MARTINEZ got sacked was because a squad that was good enough to challenge for top 7 finished 11th.

Since then we've improved the coaching staff and brought in four players for areas of the squad that needed improvement.

Hence, we haven't stood still.

Still improvements to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.