Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you finished in the top 10 and dont sign anyone at all...and dont sell anyone...yet see Everton selling Stones and loaning Galloway then youre not going to be too fearful of us with the players we have signed...

Southampton finished in the top 10. They've sold their two best players and lost their manager (to us) - so you're wrong on that front.

The RS have signed a load of No.10s and haven't improved the two areas they were weak in - Defence and Midfield.

Chelsea have a large re-build still on their hands but last season was an anomaly for them, lets face that.

West Ham have got an injury list that is growing ever bigger and it's the second week of the season. They got beat by Astra at their new super-stadium last night and went out of Europe.

But yeh, they're all doing brilliantly aren't they? And I'm sure they were proper scared of us having Galloway at full-back before anyway mate. I'm sure their defenders would rather face up against Baines and Bolasie than the terrifying prospect of Galloway and Cleverley.

Stekelenburg is proving to be a good signing. We still could do with a keeper but he's at least given us a solid base to build on in the meantime, and is a vast improvement on Howard or Joel.

Gueye has started excellently and looks a perfect fit for how Koeman wants to play (the most important thing when bringing a player into the club - it's the manager, not the fans, who set the style). Hopefully he carries it on. Either way at £7.8m it's already looking a bargain.

Williams - an excellent signing. Fans of other clubs and pundits all agree. We were in desperate need of a defender of his ilk and we've got one.

Bolasie - overpaid, maybe, but in relative terms when Troy Deeney is worth more than £30m, Bolasie at £22.5m is par for the course. Again, offers something different to what we had before and fits the style that Koeman wants to play.

It's not been excellent, but it's been good considering we've sold one player that mattered (but wanted to leave and had done for a year) for a record fee, and look likely to keep Lukaku.

If we add another few quality additions, it has been excellent.

Sorry mate i disagree.

Actually I agree with this but that's a big IF. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers.

6/10 this window for me so far mate.

If we add one or two more then it'll be a bit of a disappointment.

Get three or more in, while moving on some of the players who won't feature, then we're fine.

However, we won't be selling players who could still prove useful without having replacements lined up.

Mate, a tad over dramatic for me!

We lost a player to Arsenal, they offer him CL football and he is probably more interested in living in London. I don't think that means we are struggling. There was only ever going to be one winner in that deal if we were both in for him.

Yes I'm aware we allegedly beat them to Mirallas too before you counter with that.

None of us know who we have even made an offer to, yet we are "struggling to get them over the line" in your words. This is pure fiction and you have no fact to back that statement up.

I do have plenty to back that up mate. Witsel, deal was in place, Lucas, deal was in place. Gezzel, deal was put in place. Appararently Koulibaby and Carvalhio had deals put out there, went after mata. that is all of the top of my head. We have gone after them and not got them over the line, there may be more we don;t know about

and they are both ends of the scale as well, both good players and back ups. Unless all of this has been made up and essentially we have done next to nothing all summer. I'm not over reacting, just saying it how it is, there will be a list of players come next thursday that we did try and fail to get.

Gueye is 26 mate.

Did not know that, thought he was 24, even so still qualifies?

Because Arsenal panicked mate. I'm sorry Ash but it's been well publicised.

The player would rather join Arsenal than us. End of story.

That is the thing, that is one player. What about the rest we haven't been able to sort out? I'm not talking about players who have generally been in different circumstances, kone wont be sold til deadline day if at all, witsel was promised juventus etc.

I get why some players are turning us down, but overall even you must admit there has been some players we just haven't managed to sort out.

Gueye is 26.

Lukaku and Barkley are exceptions of course.

You think deulofeu and mori will be regulars? Cant see it.

Stek - 33

Williams - 32
Jagielka - 34
Mori - 25
Holgate - 19
Baines - 31
Oviedo - 26

McCarthy - 25
Barry - 35
Gueye - 26
Gibson - 28
Cleverley - 27
Barkley - 22

Mirallas - 28
Deulofeu - 22
Lukaku - 23
Kone - 32
Bolasie - 27

That is every player that has featured in the three competitive games so far this season Zat.

In total, six of the 18 over 30 (Barry has been our best player, yet again, and Stek has made some outstanding saves out of that bunch).

Six of the 18 are below the magic '26' - Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Del, Lukaku, Holgate. I'd say Mori has been the weakest performer out of all of them.

Which means the final third of players are players as you could describe as been in their 'prime' years.

That's very balanced however you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.