Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though mate and @Ashtonian, Kev came here over there because of the draw of first-team footy.

Perez was faced with being back-up at Everton, or back-up at Arsenal.

In his shoes I know which one he'd chose.
Yet 5 years later, we have players actively turning down first team football to move to champions league clubs, or at least wait for them.

I love Deulofeu but I don't either. It will be Bolasie and Mirallas however there will probably be plenty of rotation and subs used in those positions.
As you say, there's going to be plenty of rotation of our wingers. Even if he doesn't start that often, he's likely going to play a part in most games he is fit for. I'd say that counts as being a regular.

The problem is not the relative age of the players but the fact so many are over 30 and a good bit over 30 plus Mori is not part of the first team. At least I hope he isn't unless Koeman can coach his rashness out of him.

Just refer you to my last post Marty.

Not picking an argument, just have a look for yourself.

Koeman's used 18 players this term so far.

Six over 30, six between 26-29, and six 25 and under.

Stek - 33

Williams - 32
Jagielka - 34
Mori - 25
Holgate - 19
Baines - 31
Oviedo - 26

McCarthy - 25
Barry - 35
Gueye - 26
Gibson - 28
Cleverley - 27
Barkley - 22

Mirallas - 28
Deulofeu - 22
Lukaku - 23
Kone - 32
Bolasie - 27

That is every player that has featured in the three competitive games so far this season Zat.

In total, six of the 18 over 30 (Barry has been our best player, yet again, and Stek has made some outstanding saves out of that bunch).

Six of the 18 are below the magic '26' - Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Del, Lukaku, Holgate. I'd say Mori has been the weakest performer out of all of them.

Which means the final third of players are players as you could describe as been in their 'prime' years.

That's very balanced however you look at it.

Lad, you missed Oumar off the list

Booooo

That is the thing, that is one player. What about the rest we haven't been able to sort out? I'm not talking about players who have generally been in different circumstances, kone wont be sold til deadline day if at all, witsel was promised juventus etc.

I get why some players are turning us down, but overall even you must admit there has been some players we just haven't managed to sort out.

I get that mate.

But at the same time it appears in a lot of cases we've made sizeable offers and have pushed. The players just don't want to join us.

That excuse won't cut it for everybody, but while they haven't gone anywhere else there is still a chance.

90k p/wk for Bolasie and 70k p/wk for Williams indicates we're more than able to pay high wages - so it can't be down to money as much as it is current standing.

Stek - 33

Williams - 32
Jagielka - 34
Mori - 25
Holgate - 19
Baines - 31
Oviedo - 26

McCarthy - 25
Barry - 35
Gueye - 26
Gibson - 28
Cleverley - 27
Barkley - 22

Mirallas - 28
Deulofeu - 22
Lukaku - 23
Kone - 32
Bolasie - 27

That is every player that has featured in the three competitive games so far this season Zat.

In total, six of the 18 over 30 (Barry has been our best player, yet again, and Stek has made some outstanding saves out of that bunch).

Six of the 18 are below the magic '26' - Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Del, Lukaku, Holgate. I'd say Mori has been the weakest performer out of all of them.

Which means the final third of players are players as you could describe as been in their 'prime' years.

That's very balanced however you look at it.
The problem is most of those "prime" players aren't good enough so we're going to be faced with a prospect of replacing a lot of the team.

However I'm not fussed. We needed to sign the best players we could while we still had Rom. We can start rebuilding next season if we need to.

There is nothing at all wrong with the business we have done so far. Our academy has added younger players in Holgate, Davies and Dowell into the overall mix and we have Tarashaj as well so I have no problems at all with buying-in more experience.

The concern is the business we have not done.

We definitely need a striker.

It seems most people feel we could use another CB and CM to help us clear out some dead-wood (McCarthy & Cleverley for me are not what we need, others may differ in that view).

Opinions are split on whether we need another GK or go with Stekelenburg.

Similarly opinions split on whether we need another wide/#10 type or if we are good with Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lennon, Bolasie, Barkley & Tarashaj.

If we came out with at least 3 of those needs addressed in the next 6 days then I think the window would be overall positive, albeit a reality check on our current inability to shop in the top quartile of the market.

More than 3 and we would be dour and miserable in the extreme to moan.

Fewer than 3 and there will definitely be question marks over the window as a whole, particularly if we have not replaced Niasse with someone who is an actual footballer.

The problem is most of those "prime" players aren't good enough so we're going to be faced with a prospect of replacing a lot of the team.

However I'm not fussed. We needed to sign the best players we could while we still had Rom. We can start rebuilding next season if we need to.

That's a good point.

Oviedo - 26 - fine as back-up while Galloway is loaned out to a) improve defensively under Pulis and b) get game time. With no option to buy in the deal it seems Koeman sees him as part of the squad going forward.

Gibson - 28 - yes, not good enough, and would be move don if possible I feel.

Cleverley - 27 - his versatility is his most useful trait. Perhaps if a decent offer comes in he may go.

Kev - 28 - will be a regular starter this year.

Bolasie - 27 - obviously just come in and will feature a lot.

Gueye - 26 - first-team regular

So, out of those six, two that could be feasibly let go without any damage, and we'd improve the squad by bringing in probably one 'high-quality' player to replace the joint contribution of the two mentioned.

That could all very much still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.