Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say that the teams in the top 10 had kept their best players and bought really well?

Apologies if I've got mixed up on that.

As for the last bit of my post, I think the fact we've signed Bolasie to play where Cleverley played for much of last season will 'scare' sides - which was my point.

And anyway, the point of signings isn't to 'scare' other sides anyway, it's about improving on what we had before. All of our signings so far have done that.

No, im saying that even if 10 teams anove us stand still we need to improve to push past them in the table.

I actually mentioned Gueye a few times many months ago.

Well in for giving him a positive mention Zat

Why the hate towards @Neiziro ?

Have to say signing:

Williams
Gueye
Janusaj

Would be rather disappointing, none of them are top notch and surely we should be after FAR better players than we have to push 1st choices down to backup and backups then sold...

Ive been really vocal (as much as you can be in a post) about who i would like.

Koulibaly, very good long passes and can come out of defence to sweep up behind the DM and also run past him with the ball.

Carvalho, excellent positionally and great passing ability quite like a "Carrick" type i suppose. Would allow Koulibaly to go past him adding numbers in midfield to drive us forward

Witsel, Solid all round box to box player, very consistent and can provide the link between defence and attack. Also a leader.

The first two i mentioned 12months ago...would not have imagined we would be supposedly close to signing either.

Those 3 for me would be akin to us having a top 4 first 11. Maybe even a championship level first 11.

Barry would be there to guide the young players and also help carvalho to adjust but limited game time.

McCarthy would be brought on if we needed more defensive nous in midfield.

Gueye seems pointless.

No need for Gueye...this chap would be amazing next to Carvalho. He has so much energy just needs someone with solid positional sense and passing ability next to him.

image.jpeg
Everton's Transfer Window

And so far we have improved...

The reason MARTINEZ got sacked was because a squad that was good enough to challenge for top 7 finished 11th.

Since then we've improved the coaching staff and brought in four players for areas of the squad that needed improvement.

Hence, we haven't stood still.

Still improvements to be made.

7th? I said 8th or 9th...which is the difference to where we ended up.

Some were saying 4th ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.