Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davies does best when he has a pure Defensive Midfielder alongside him , like Joe Williams when they played together at U21s or Barry. He has loads of energy and loves to get forward, touch and go whether he or Gerri would pop in that first goal. That energy sometimes works against him as last night he was running into space to get the ball pulling a MK player with him and not having much space to work in . Barry walks or strolls into the space to get the ball.
At just turned 18 he's got a lot of developing still to do , so the question is does he go on loan or stay at FF. I'd keep him here and let Koeman work on his weaknesses, train with the first team , learn from them . He becomes a versatile squad player on the bench and for game time there's always the fall back of Monday night u23 PL football. The other key point about keeping him is that we don't buy second class squad players for £8 mill plus but concentrate on quality signings as we have a decent squad if we use the youngsters.

No need for Gueye...this chap would be amazing next to Carvalho. He has so much energy just needs someone with solid positional sense and passing ability next to him.

No need for Gueye...this chap would be amazing next to Carvalho. He has so much energy just needs someone with solid positional sense and passing ability next to him.

The lad just turned 18 a month ago.
Id be happy to see him get 10/15 appearences this season. Plus FA trophy appearences and u23 cup & league will be at a better standard for him to develop.
A very very special talent but throwing an 18 year old lad in the centre of the field as a first team starter would be nuts
Name another team that has done this in the premier league?
As long as we aren't buying midfielders to sit on the bench to block davies' progress onto there im happy

Id be happy to see him get 10/15 appearences this season. Plus FA trophy appearences and u23 cup & league will be at a better standard for him to develop.
A very very special talent but throwing an 18 year old lad in the centre of the field as a first team starter would be nuts
As long as we aren't buying midfielders to sit on the bench to block davies' progress onto there im happy

I didnt write that he would or should be a consistent starter in the first eleven.

I wrote that he would be most effective alongside a carvalho type

I didnt write that he would or should be a consistent starter in the first eleven.

I wrote that he would be most effective alongside a carvalho type

Davies will be a very good midfielder for us and we need to avoid blocking progress. I wouldn't worry about the Gueye signing so much though mate, he is an out and out DM and I think he probably puts more pressure on Barry, McCarthy & Besic. At 7 million even if he only played in 15 games a season to make us more solid that would be ok.

Davies will be a very good midfielder for us and we need to avoid blocking progress. I wouldn't worry about the Gueye signing so much though mate, he is an out and out DM and I think he probably puts more pressure on Barry, McCarthy & Besic. At 7 million even if he only played in 15 games a season to make us more solid that would be ok.

For me, if Davies came in alongside Gueye it wouldnt be ideal...think he would be best alongside a 'sitting' DM myself.

We shouldn't worry about Davies playing in a midfield with players like Gueye and Carvalho. We should worry about him playing in a midfield which doesn't have players like this.

Our midfield struggled badly last season for all sorts of reasons. As good as Davies is going to be , he will not be able to carry our midfield on his own at his age.
There will be plenty of opportunities for Davies to get into the first team over a full season and he is not ready to play every game anyway.
I expect his development will be similar to Barkley and it will be another three seasons before he can be considered a regular.

Spurs. Granted he'd played a load of League 1 games mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.