Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry we'll just sugar coat it and make excuse after excuse for the fact we haven't improved one bit and not spent a penny except money brought in.

#shambles
...let's not forget the Koeman and Walsh signings though...and the lawnmowers. We can get a decent midfield out of that lot.

We haven't at all though Zat have we?

Come on mate?

Who have those clubs signed this window that are better than what we have brought in? Nobody!

Stoke - Joe Allen

West Ham - Feghouli (on a free - questions about his attitude and he is now injured), Tore (on loan, looks a one-trick pony), Nordtveit (on a free, not exactly top class), Masuaku (£5m from Olympiacos as a replacement for the injured Cresswell), Calleri (on loan from an Argentinian club), Ayew (£20mil, now out injured for three months).

S'ton - they've sold two of their best players and haven't really brought in any players that we wouldn't have been able to get had we been in for them...

Zat?

...let's not forget the Koeman and Walsh signings though...and the lawnmowers. We can get a decent midfield out of that lot.

we're stronger now than we were at the end of last season Dave.

Still additional improvements that need to be made, yes, and we will be looking to do just that (and I'm confident we will do)

Hey and the cladding on the side of the main stand, like a new signing that.

What the hell do we expect. Bills a blue and mosh has painted the ground.

Not a single penny spent, 5 days to go.

I kind of get the feeling there could be a few big names on deadline day. The likes of Mata and Witsel. As we may be the only ones willing to meet the fees and pay the wages for these players and the players decide to join us, based on us being a better option than a club in the Russian league or being a bit part player at Manchester United

Excuses....

Same as last summer an the summer before an the summer before that. This summer WAS meant to be different. But fear not...

Passes the sugar bowl**
That's not answering me question though mate. I am as frustrated as anyone but if you cant see the difference in the club then you are either blind or moaning for moaning's sake.

Not really 'get the job done' though is it Dave?

We've added four, all of whom have so far improved the squad overall for how Koeman wants us to play.

I think that at the beginning of the window the consensus was that we needed 6-8 players in, depending on outgoings obviously.

That's still all very much possible - even though it's later than many of us would have liked.

As I said, I'd be more worried if we hadn't done business or that we were losing ground.

The fact is that we aren't, and none of the teams who we will more than likely be challenging for the 5th - 8th slots this year have massively improved (thus far) - and will all be looking to do business late on.

In fact, the only teams that have done all of their business early are the two Manchester clubs, who ironically enough have the most funds and the two best managers in the world.
I think we were all promised "game changing takeover". Now call me fussy, but a Championship workhorse, a winger who cant score or assist, and a second string GK from S'ton dont really fit the bill. Williams was a coup, yes. But this is same old same old and you cant dress it up any other way.

That's not answering me question though mate. I am as frustrated as anyone but if you cant see the difference in the club then you are either blind or moaning for moaning's sake.

Thing is, it's not just moaning. People might think knit just negative. But if things are going well I'm happy an I'll say so...in just say what I see, an as it stands we've had an awful summer again!!! And all I hear for people is excuses....get fed up with them. Everything going is sugar coated and when the widow closes and we've done poor business again....it starts again.....oh were waiting for Jan and deals will be better....and it go's in an in an on...

I think we were all promised "game changing takeover". Now call me fussy, but a Championship workhorse, a winger who cant score or assist, and a second string GK from S'ton dont really fit the bill. Williams was a coup, yes. But this is same old same old and you cant dress it up any other way.
If Barkley and Lukaku had their shooting boots on, Bolasie would already have two assists...

Been a terrible transfer window. Can't see much changing in the closing days either.

Does that mean we haven't signed fifty Carlos Kickaballs for a zillion squids or you've been dumped and that rash has come back?

If you're disappointed it's more down to your own wants and expectations.

I think it's been good. Mainly because our manager takes no crap and wantts the players to be fit, professional and responsible for themselves.

Nice change seeing players run without blowing chunks after the warm up...

Status
Not open for further replies.