Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we challenge on all fronts. The league....the fa cup....the league cup... And the Europa cup. Not imo with this squad. But I still want us to try. To rotate. To compete. To try and win something.
We are not going to win much by taking the approach that we don't want to enter in the first place.
So for me it's premier league safety first. Get points on board . Then see what we can do. get as high up the league as we can.
Then get through the early rounds of the cups. By using the squad. By rotating. And if we do get to the business end of any of these cups then go flat out to try and win one of them. Let's win some football matches.

I always hated how tamely we have exited certain cups.
Why enter in the first place if we then lie down and get beat......

So yes......I would love to see us get into the Europa league. And I would also like to see Ancelotti build a squad that can compete on all fronts. Get our squad fit and fighting to be able to compete on all fronts..
You get nothing handed to you in this game. We need to be brave. We need to be competing. Not just making up the numbers....
It's time this club won something . So enter everything and let's see were we get to......Up The Toffees.....

I wouldn’t worry we usually out of the FA cup In January and we have never won the league cup in our history, I would actually fancy us to win the Europa than the league cupif I’m honest, we are cursed in that Comp

Would be 2 matches a week every week next season and we can barely do it on the odd occasion.
We can’t do because the squad is awful
Improve the squad. Get fitter. Get better. Not really saying much if professional footballers cannot manage two matches a week.

Previous managers all had a hand in creating this awful squad that you speak off. And I agree that at times we have been awful. But you cannot give up that easily.
I'm banking on Ancelotti getting things right. Banking on his experience.
Banking on for just once that Everton can get things right. Compete on all fronts.

All hypothetical anyhow. Because this squad have qualified for nothing yet.
And most likely won't this season.
I'm probably getting ahead of myself. But I'm mainly hoping that Ancelotti can build a squad that can compete. That can manage bloody two football matches a week. Not much really to hope for.

If we sneak Europa League this season then our domestic season will be a massive failure next season. Our squad is simply nowhere near good enough to handle all of the games. As a result I would much prefer we finish 8-10th and concentrate on getting rid off a lot of players and bringing in 3-4 quality players to the squad, then we focus on the cups and a shot at the top four next season. Wolves and Leicester have shown that is possible this season.

Definitely yes , its what we must strife for !
when I was back in the UK , the Euro cup games were a highlight , I still have fond memories of those mid week night games under the Goodison lights !

Not this again! Ancelotti wants it so why shouldn't we? At last we have a coach with top European experience to set us up correctly.

Besides if you don't get European football you don't get the higher income to help with FFP, you can't attract the better players and you don't gain experience to help you learn to deal with the number of games and playing in hostile atmospheres. If we can't get to the latter stages of the Europa League then what chance have we got in the CL.

If we sneak Europa League this season then our domestic season will be a massive failure next season. Our squad is simply nowhere near good enough to handle all of the games. As a result I would much prefer we finish 8-10th and concentrate on getting rid off a lot of players and bringing in 3-4 quality players to the squad, then we focus on the cups and a shot at the top four next season. Wolves and Leicester have shown that is possible this season.

Wolves are still in the Europa League tho, as are Rangers. Wolves are still in with a shout of winning it as well.

It’s a difficult one. I don’t think boss players are signing five year contracts with clubs just because they’ve qualified for the group stages of the Europa League, and it can seriously impede your league form.

But it’s a major trophy. If we somehow won it, it would quite possibly be our biggest ever achievement, certainly up there with winning the cup winners cup, and then there’s the added bonus of the increased revenues and CL qualification if we were to win.

I don’t think we could turn it down.

I’d like to think that we could get past the group stage playing a largely second string? But there are some good teams in the group stages, so it is likely that many if not most of our first choice would be required.

It depends who we buy tho. If we get two new CM's and a right winger, then surely Delph, Siggy and Walcott would be enough to get us through the group stages?

We don't want it REALLY.
We're not ready, we're already down to the bare bones, we're shipping 5-6 players who could be utilised in Europe out (that includes Feeney).

As a fan i 1000% want it, boss little games. But i'd rather regroup the squad, and try again next season, just don't think we'll be able to compete on all fronts, especially if the season is condensed.

Yes, but fixture congestion is bad enough without it. I'd be more onboard if the useless League Cup was scrapped.

Daft question.

For player attraction and the balance sheet, Europa qualification should be a minimum goal every season.

As for next seasons scheduling, I wouldn't be surprised to see the format tweaked for at least the coming season. (maybe home OR away is drawn, not two legs)

Daft question.

For player attraction and the balance sheet, Europa qualification should be a minimum goal every season.

As for next seasons scheduling, I wouldn't be surprised to see the format tweaked for at least the coming season. (maybe home OR away is drawn, not two legs)

Personally felt they could have got "nostalgic", and said lets have a European Cup/Uefa Cup style one off tournament.

They can' have fans in stadiums, they won't want to risk fans spreading COVID and affecting the euros. 32 Teams into CL, 32 Teams in EL and small tournaments for the "qualifiers" giving them a little bit of hope.

Round One - Two legs in Feb
Last 16 - Two Legs in March
Last 8 - Two Legs in April
Last 4 & Final - In Hostable City, have them both over the course of a week.

Nice and simple and reduces congestion.

What league placing gets you into the Europa league this season ?

Assuming that City are banned next season and either Man U , Leicester , Chelsea or City ( all of whom should be in the top 6 ) win ithe FA Cup does the qualification go down to 8th place ?

So that would be top 5 ( minus City as they are banned ) CL
6-8 - Europa

Cup Winners already qualified or banned.

If that assumption is correct I think we have a fighting chance of making 8th place.

Based on the remaining fixtures here's my prediction for the top half of the table

RS
City
Chelsea 69
Leicester 67
Man U 66
Wolves 62
Spurs 58
Everton 54
Arsenal 52
Sheff U 52
Palace 48.

This may be an optimistic prediction from an Everton point of view and assumes that we beat Leicester , lose to Spurs and draw at Wolves and Sheff U.

I didn't bother with the points predictions for the RS and City .

Status
Not open for further replies.