Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGrumpy

Player Valuation: £50m
With the win over Norwich we still have a chance of getting in to the Europa league but do we want to?

Yes the extra money alright and it raises the profile of the club

However we have a paper thin squad and there taking about starting next season at the end of September and finishing in May as normal.
Which means fitting 38 games in to 32 weeks, plus Fa cup and League cup. Then you add in the Europa league and that’s at least another 10-15 games(if we do well)
Something like 50 odd games in 32 weeks.
I think we be better out of Europe and used the congestion of other clubs to get ourselves in to the top 4/6

As i said a week or so ago, i always want euro comps even when others dont want europa league, but with this virus delaying the new season and that probably going to be a bit cramped in if they still have international breaks, plus the euro's next may, this maybe a good time to not be in it, but if we somehow get it i will take it

We have to want it. Not sure we'll achieve it but it's an added attraction to new signings, another opportunity to win something and relatively lucrative.

We have to want it. Not sure we'll achieve it but it's an added attraction to new signings, another opportunity to win something and relatively lucrative.
With a really congested season and our paper thin squad do you see us having any chance of actually winning it though

Most definately we (should) want it.

Ironically I don't think it makes much of a difference to our attractiveness but we absolutely need European football to test the players and get them used to coping on several fronts. Look at Wolves.

I also think a few seasons of consecutive EL qualification was a big help to Spurs by the time they reached the Champions League.

I don't get folk who don't want it, it's a vital stepping stone to getting us where we want to be.

Most definately we (should) want it.

Ironically I don't think it makes much of a difference to our attractiveness but we absolutely need European football to test the players and get them used to coping on several fronts. Look at Wolves.

I also think a few seasons of consecutive EL qualification was a big help to Spurs by the time they reached the Champions League.

I don't get folk who don't want it, it's a vital stepping stone to getting us where we want to be.
Normally I’d say yes I want it but with the season being squashed. I don’t think it will be good for us

Yes, we want it - but it undoubtedly comes with it's challanges & is a 8 point + handicap on the league campaign. For perspective, to the best of my knowledge, only twice has a team competing the the Europa league (from the start) finished top 4

Not arsed. Too many games, too little benefit to the club, too much of a drain on the players energy. Its a pitiful sham of a competition just to acquire cash for tv companies and uefa. The failures in the runners up league group stage entering it make the competition thoroughly farcical.

Would prefer a good domestic cup run or league finish.

But if uefa became a straight forward knock out cup again I'd be all over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.