Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's ever going to get the job or be ready for the job it's now.
If he's unsure himself then he's the wrong man and never will be our manager.

I think we will end up with Nuno but with the list of options feeling a bit uninspiring, Ferguson is the only candidate that would get me really excited, purely from a passion point of view. Having a legend in charge would be nice. If it doesn't work then so be it. Not like many have recently.

Seriously what makes people genuinely think he’s managerial material? He’s been in the set up of every previous reign that’s failed ergo making him a failure
That makes no sense.

Is Ancelotti a failure as well or a manager that simply got a better offer and moved on.

Nothing is ever that simple, it seems that under Ancelotti for the first time he had a substantial role to play in the management team.
It appears now that Ancelotti offered him a role in Madrid but Ferguson refused to go.

All managers,even the great ones, will have bad experiences in their careers it doesn't make them failures it just is part of the learning process.

I honestly think the club's plan was to appoint an elite manager and have him in the job for a longer period of 3-4 years and attain success with silverware. At the end of this period with the Everton name holding enough significance to attract higher profile players, Duncan would become the manager.

I still think this is the plan. We need our profile steadily boosted before we can afford to promote from within.

I honestly think Duncan is a good coach from bits I've heard. I mean he's got a UEFA pro license, he will have tactical nous.

Seriously what makes people genuinely think he’s managerial material? He’s been in the set up of every previous reign that’s failed ergo making him a failure
I'm hedging my bets, yes we can go for a "name" and it will end up as before, we go for a young manager with enthusiasm or Dunc who, yes, has been part of the last 5 "set ups" but what better way to serve your "apprenticeship " than under 5 managers and learn a little from each?

As I say I'm hedging my bets, all I want is Everton to be up there fighting with the rest, winning trophies and showing passion for the club as I'm sure we all do bit who is to say Dunc, isn't that manager?

*edit, as for him attracting top players, not necessary to attract top players just those that give their all.

Welcome Dunc!

UTFT

Last edited:
The problem with appointing dunc, is that we would need to back him, massively. If he flops, we are back to players bought for a different manager and style of play.

It is a risk for sure.

If he's ever going to get the job or be ready for the job it's now.
If he's unsure himself then he's the wrong man and never will be our manager.

I think we will end up with Nuno but with the list of options feeling a bit uninspiring, Ferguson is the only candidate that would get me really excited, purely from a passion point of view. Having a legend in charge would be nice. If it doesn't work then so be it. Not like many have recently.
I fear after a few games the novelty may wear off and we'll be in big trouble

You know every forward Duncan has worked with has improved, and this is acknowledged by said players.

The cone laying thing is an inaccurate and cheap jibe.

Yeah I agree
i changed my statement after thinking and the anger about Carlo had cooled down.
I don't mind a young inexperienced manager but only under these circumstances below

e.g. Big Dunc or Rooney
(but NOT Neville who will just be doing this for the Man U job in the future)

could work if
1) amazing, proper first team coach, and assistant manager with a track record
2) restructure of the fitness department
3) published, clear transfers policy
4) new coaching strategy across all teams
5) clearout of rubbish

e.g. a new start with an inexperienced manager, but the structure, culture and strategy - led by Brands - is the key, and the manager is a figurehead.
In those circumstances, I think Rooney / Big Dunc might work, even though I know they have no apparent skills apart from laying cones and loads of PASSION and LOVE for everton...

Status
Not open for further replies.