Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is the heart and soul of our club. Without him wed loose a lot of our culture. No idea how he’d do as manager, the trend these days for players to manage their old teams seems a bit silly to me. If it goes wrong (which is probably will) we loose a key component to our club. The fact he sacked off Carlo to stay is just another example of his passion and connection to this club.

I think he is the heart and soul of our club. Without him wed loose a lot of our culture. No idea how he’d do as manager, the trend these days for players to manage their old teams seems a bit silly to me. If it goes wrong (which is probably will) we loose a key component to our club. The fact he sacked off Carlo to stay is just another example of his passion and connection to this club.

But don't both if us need to take that chance if we can't get s world class manager then let's give it ago. Dunc and the fans need to give this a chance.

But don't both if us need to take that chance if we can't get s world class manager then let's give it ago. Dunc and the fans need to give this a chance.
It’s just such a gamble. It’s a huge step up. I would love to see him get the job, win us a cup, then win the league and the champions league blah blah blah, but reality is different. If managing is his career progression then he should go to the lower leagues and earn his stripes, then when there is an opening he comes to us. I’d prefer him to stay in his role now whilst we are going through so much change.

Dunc bleeds blue and I can see the fans getting behind him. The worry is that with all the passion and desire in the world can he apply the tactical x factor. Shows a lot about his character to refuse RM even though I get the impression he was happy working with Carlo if it is true.

Last edited:

Dunc bleeds blue and I can see the fans getting behind him. The worry is that with all the passion and desire in the world can he apply the tactical x factor. Shows a lot about his character to refuse RM even though I get the impression he was happy working with Carlo if it is true.
I remember him getting sent off on a number of occasions and leaving us in the toilet in a relegation fight.

If we'd have been sent down in that season it'd have largely been down to him.

We owe Gareth Farrelly and Chelsea not putting their flip flops on a day early for the summer for our PL status. We owe the galloot the square root of f.a.

I remember him getting sent off on a number of occasions and leaving us in the toilet in a relegation fight.

If we'd have been sent down in that season it'd have largely been down to him.

We owe Gareth Farrelly and Chelsea not putting their flip flops on a day early for the summer for our PL status. We owe the galloot the square root of f.a.
The last paragraph is so true.

In fact, even though we don't know much about Big Dunc apart from what we've heard from Godfrey, DCL and Davies, he's actually better qualified than Lampard, Gerrard etc, in that he has actually got 5 years of Assistant Manager experience, and he's older. It's impossible to really predict who will work out for us. Marco Silva COULD have been Poch II or Mourinho II. Koeman might have used his 3 years to really do well then move straight to Barceonla. MArtinez might have learned to defend, and at the age of 47 now still be here, and only now moving to a 'bigger club'. Oh well. Heart and SOul does count for a lot, and i cant believe he was invited to go to Real - do we really believe that? Amazing if true and we owe Dunc an apology for underrating him

Status
Not open for further replies.