Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say on here big dunc wouldn't make it, and supposedly one of the best in the world didn't make it, we're do we go from here the next mercenary.Big dunc knows what the fans expect, give him a chance.
Seriously what makes people genuinely think he’s managerial material? He’s been in the set up of every previous reign that’s failed ergo making him a failure

Just smacks of the sentimentality and cronyism that's been holding us back for years.

Nails it.

It's like Denise - I'm sure a lovely person, has done well in various roles, haven't really got a bad word to say about here... but she was promoted from within to CEO when for me that's a role you scour the world for the best candidate. I don't think you promote from within for a role like that ever.

Her bio on the site says it all: "It’s also important to me that we make our progress in the right way - in the ‘Everton way’" - that's right, we can't just make progress, it has to be done in the 'Everton Way' - the same way were James McCarthy is family and we overpay a bunch of beauts to laze around on the pitch for years on end.

There's no ruthless streak, and from top to bottom the club screams incompetence.

And that's why it really wouldn't surprise me if Duncan Ferguson - a hero of mine but the very embodiment of the 'Everton Way' gravy train, too comfortable at the club - will get the role. I hope he doesn't, but it really, really wouldn't surprise me.

Nails it.

It's like Denise - I'm sure a lovely person, has done well in various roles, haven't really got a bad word to say about here... but she was promoted from within to CEO when for me that's a role you scour the world for the best candidate. I don't think you promote from within for a role like that ever.

Her bio on the site says it all: "It’s also important to me that we make our progress in the right way - in the ‘Everton way’" - that's right, we can't just make progress, it has to be done in the 'Everton Way' - the same way were James McCarthy is family and we overpay a bunch of beauts to laze around on the pitch for years on end.

There's no ruthless streak, and from top to bottom the club screams incompetence.

And that's why it really wouldn't surprise me if Duncan Ferguson - a hero of mine but the very embodiment of the 'Everton Way' gravy train, too comfortable at the club - will get the role. I hope he doesn't, but it really, really wouldn't surprise me.
agreed we lack ruthlessness, or rather determined decision-making.

i still support Dunc for manager, as i believe he will provide those qualities.

No, no and no again. Tranmere have a vacancy and maybe Derby will sack Rooney. Learn the job at a lower level first. At least Gerrraaarrd is starting near the bottom with Rangers in the Scottish Mickey Mouse league.

No chance, that arsenal game was horrendous

That game reminded me of the Sweden v Denmark group match in the euros that finished 2-2. After the one side equalised in the 89th minute they were both prepared to knock it around unopposed and wouldn't try to attack.

But obviously our game was that for the full 90 bar a couple of moments. Two temporary managers watched on by the new ones desperate not to go out with a loss. If he wanted the job at any point the platform was there to beat a poor Arsenal side at home and finish with a 50% record instead of a 25% one.

What about making Seamus player-manager à la Dalgleish at RS?
Seamus bleeds blue...and yes, he needs to work on his crosses...but I cannot think of a more 'Everton that' appointment.

Seriously what makes people genuinely think he’s managerial material? He’s been in the set up of every previous reign that’s failed ergo making him a failure
Seriously, what makes you think he wouldn’t?

We just don’t know his characteristics, good or bad. I can’t tell either way.

Seriously, what makes you think he wouldn’t?

We just don’t know his characteristics, good or bad. I can’t tell either way.
The 4 games he had in caretaker charge, the performances got worse and worse. He needs to cut his teeth properly, I suggested he take over from Unsworth as U23 boss first to see how he goes or go to a team in the lower/Scottish leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.