Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
An utter clown.

If he had any sense of pride he'd have gone out and chanced himself at another football club to see whether he had the skills for the job. Instead, he's hung around waiting for the Everton manager job to fall into his lap. He's played on the affection some people have for him in that respect.

He's been right at the heart of the disastrous regimes for almost a decade, and for him to now demand of the board that he be considered for this job is an absolute piss take. The brass neck on this feller is unbelievable. He should be the first out the door when any new manager is announced.
Oooooh harsh. I loov it!

He has been at the side of the last 4-5 failures we've had here. Does he take some of the blame those managers took, or were his views politely dismissed by these coaches? how much influence does he have, and therefore how much blame can be apportioned to him? Nobody really knows. The Chelsea game was great under him, the passion and commitment was admirable. By the time of his 3rd game against arsenal it had disappeared and the players reverted back to type. Dire football. You might get a few games bounce with him, but my instincts tell me his style isn't sustainable, especially with our clowns playing for him. Love the guy, but don't think he is the answer.

I’m sorry but how can this man who has been involved in 5 failed regimes still be at our club. He scored 58 goals in 10 years and our strikers are meant to learn from him. The club is a soft touch employing far too many ex players who don’t have the skills required to take us to the next level. Look at unsworth what is the point of him he’s done absolutely nothing

Agree mate. He could go onto be a good coach/manager but not with us atm. Did well for few games but out that down to new manager bounce and circumstances.
It's just my opinion but this club, the squad is a total mess and it needs someone with a bit of experience and maybe an un-sentimental view on Everton to come in and repair it.
Now, i may be doing Dunc a massive disservice but i just think that if he got the job he'd be out by Christmas and probably for no real fault of his own, just the team - as they have proved under the last 4 managers isn't good enough.
If that happens that's essentially his managerial career with us done before it's even started.
Go away and cut your teeth at another club, make history at another club and let someone get Everton back in a stable place and then maybe 3/4 years down the line if all the stars align maybe Dunc's the guy to take over and lead us into the Bramley Moore era

I don't mind a young inexperienced manager but only under these circumstances below

e.g. Big Dunc or Rooney
(but NOT Neville who will just be doing this for the Man U job in the future)

could work if
1) amazing, proper first team coach, and assistant manager with a track record
2) restructure of the fitness department
3) published, clear transfers policy
4) new coaching strategy across all teams
5) clearout of rubbish

e.g. a new start with an inexperienced manager, but the structure, culture and strategy - led by Brands - is the key, and the manager is a figurehead.
In those circumstances, I think Rooney / Big Dunc might work, even though I know they have no apparent skills apart from laying cones and loads of PASSION and LOVE for everton...

1622720552914.jpeg

Got to cut his teeth elsewhere and prove himself over a couple of seasons before taking on the Everton job.
He is a blue through and through and is not taking the P...s as someone is suggesting. He just loves the club but unfortunately hasn't got the CV

Got to cut his teeth elsewhere and prove himself over a couple of seasons before taking on the Everton job
He did not want the job last time even after four successful games unbeaten with far more direct football - we do need a manager who leads like him though passion etc for the team to move on & a new fitness coach ....

This will not please but I am not that fussed on Duncan in general. I once travelled 6,000 miles only to see him sent off against Bolton for a forearm smash in a crucial relegation game before half-time. Selfish in respect of his lack of control over the interests of the team. He famously once said he was not all that fussed on football. Maybe he will make a better manager than a player but I doubt it.

1) proper first team coach, and assistant manager with a track record
2) restructure of the fitness department
3) clear transfers policy
4) new coaching strategy across all teams
5) clear out of rubbish
These things are needed urgently. Other managers have brought in their mates, or in one case the entire backroom staff which had got his last club relegated. One of the most urgent needs is to improve the medical team and the squad's general fitness. We've had too many injuries in training and long absences for it to be bad luck.

He managed to motivate the players and got a win against Chelsea, but other than that it was pretty poor wasn't it.

Not a chance he should get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.