2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be noted that not all of those were actually in the Premier League though. Only 4 of his goals were by my reckoning, not sure about assists.
Fair enough, but the point still stands I think. Maybe I should've re phrased it to "playing in a PL level squad" or something like that.

Tosun is 100% the better striker but if we’re apparently going to be a counter-attacking team I’d say DCL’s pace is far more valuable.
I think we should try playing more balls in behind for him to run onto. We never seemed to have done that in the past.

So how soon do we (or rather Everton) wait until there are glimmers of Kane qualities from DCL? Another season maybe? Can we wait longer, say 3 - 5 years? No of course not.

Why are we waiting for him to turn into Kane anyway? This isn’t Digimon.
Wouldn't bother replying to him mate. Doesn't say anything productive, everythings doom and gloom.

I think DCL has done fine, he is an absolute pest for defenders and isn't afraid to put himself about.

Hopefully the finish comes with time in which case he will be a really good player.

Well worth keeping on as an impact sub/understudy to Tosun.

I wonder if it's just Evertonians or English fans in general, but the hostility towards young players is really weird. This kid is 21. For comparison Kevin de Bruyne was playing in the Belgian league at that age. Mohamed Salah was playing in the Egyptian league. We should be judging players at the age of 25/26 not younger. We have plenty of players over 25 deserving hostility more than this lad and Tom Davies (and others).

Status
Not open for further replies.