2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played right mid.
Thats just being picky. The only difference between playing a 5 back or a 3 back is whether you are attacking or defending.

Baines started on the other flank would you say he was left mid?

I think wing back is correct because they covered the whole side and performed both offensive and defensive duties.

Of course this is irrelevant like.

Thats just being picky. The only difference between playing a 5 back or a 3 back is whether you are attacking or defending.

I think wing back is correct because they covered the whole side and performed both offensive and defensive duties.

I'm just sitting in the middle really.

No, because Baines wasn't playing the same role. It's pretty common really, the two sides of the pitch aren't always symmetrical, and this was one of those occasions. Koeman set up like that a few times early last season, I remember us doing it at Old Trafford with Martina out there aswell. No idea what the thinking was behind it, but it didn't work very well.

No, because Baines wasn't playing the same role. It's pretty common really, the two sides of the pitch aren't always symmetrical, and this was one of those occasions. Koeman set up like that a few times early last season, I remember us doing it at Old Trafford with Martina out there aswell. No idea what the thinking was behind it, but it didn't work very well.
Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree as it only lasted until half time anyway.

DCL, very poor !!
Very unfair, the lad is still a young player. Probably, played about three times the amount of first team matches than expected. I thought he did a really good job considering he was asked to be the main striker in a very poor team. As did the other young players who came in the side in the first half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.