2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you give Tosun, DCL And Niasse the same minutes in the same position over a season. I don’t think there would be much difference, DCL was playing all over the shop at times and it was to hs own detriment.
I don’t think any are good enough to finish top 6 and we were spoiled with Lukaku.

All three are very average. If we want to threaten the top 6 again then a quality striker is a much but too many people on here don't see it that way unfortunately.

All three are very average. If we want to threaten the top 6 again then a quality striker is a much but too many people on here don't see it that way unfortunately.

Conversely too many people think that just throwing a striker in will change anything. Its pointless if you dont have the rest of the team feeding him.

We had one of the best around in Lukaku, we finished 7th. We had nobody last season other than the ones not good enough that have already been mentioned and finished 8th. A top striker will not change much without an overhaul in the rest of the team.

Think his hold up play is superb but he can’t score soccer goals so he’s pretty useless in my eyes.....

Cenk is afforded the excuse of "he barely got any service" So im giving DCL the benefit of the doubt.
Fully fit again with Gylfi playing , with Richarlison and Walcott on either side, he could get the goals.

8 goals and 9 assists in his first full season of PL football is good going
7 goals and 6 assists last season. Nothing special but also not bad for a 20 year-old striker in the premier league.
I was surprised to see he posted 9 goals and eights assists last season, thats not a bad return at all.
Like Yakubu's age this, the numbers are different every time you look at it.

Based on them numbers he directly contributes to a goal ever 170 minutes in the premier league and every 163 minutes overall.

All this for a player who started the season at right wing back, played in an appalling team and in his first full season in the premier league.

Yeah but he's crap tho.

He never played right wing back. This is a myth that seems to be turned into a fact. People saw the teamsheet and assumed he was going to be playing as a right wing back.

Agree with the rest like.

He never played right wing back. This is a myth that seems to be turned into a fact. People saw the teamsheet and assumed he was going to be playing as a right wing back.

Agree with the rest like.
Are you sure? Keane, Jags and Williams started. None of them are playing right back. I think he definitely started at right wing back.

Very decent utility player- can fit anywhere in the front line with his pace an aerial ability

If he wants to be a good striker, he REALLY needs to work on his composure in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.