Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Sorry for your loss Tommy, hope you and your Mum are okay, hope Everton stuff Villa this weekend as a doth of the cap to your Dad.

Cheers mate. It's my first weekend alone since it happened, just had to get away, you know.
My ma has half the street in with her with my brother and sister so I took a chance to get away and mourn with copious amounts of booze.

Appreciate it mate, nothing could be done it was so sudden.

He just had his Claddagh ring he'd been pining over resized in Old Swan, my old dear went to buy a potato pealer further up and he took a funny turn. Brain hemorrahage, next to his brain stem, inoperable.

We were all there with him, it was just "one of them". I take solace in the fact there's been so many tributes to him in his parish and my ma's doorbell hasn't stopped ringing.
Sorry to hear about your Dad mate.and so sorry for your loss. Are you Irish? I only ask because of your Dads claddagh ring and the date September 8th if you are Irish.

Yes mate its supposed to be a lucky day to die on. Eternal happiness in heaven is believed to be granted to those that die on the feast of Our Ladys birth.

It was mentioned in the Royal by my mum and sister when he passed mate.

I'm not overly religious but I do believe something is there, the girls in my family have taken massive comfort from the date and time he passed and that's a blessing.

He's getting a true Irish wake, dozens of Irish coming over, the lads will stay with him when he comes home until he goes to the church. I'm fiercely proud of my Irish heritage, how could anyone not be?

All power to you mate thats fantastic. Well done, hopefully others can be inspired by your story. Top man.

Fantastic. I think the pat on the back is much deserved. I love positive stories like yours when they are posted on here.

Amazing achievement, and a huge inspiration for anyone on here fighting any or all of those battles, I'm sure.

Good on you for getting through it, and good on you for giving yourself credit. You absolutely deserve that and more.

This post is inspirational, why I love my job because my faith in human spirit sometimes gets questioned but then I read this. I hope I have a modicum of the character you've shown golden. I say well done that man.

Well in mate - life will always throw challenges at us its all about learning to overcome those challenges!

You have done a great job helping yourself out of the mess you made of your life, you’ve stuck to your latest lifestyle for three years, brilliant, keep it up and never stop giving yourself a pat on the back every so often. Hope you find real happiness and friendship in the near future, best wishes.

Thanks all for the kind words, I appreciate the fact that you and everyone else took the time to read it.

@Tommy. Sorry to hear about your dad mate. Condolences

It was mentioned in the Royal by my mum and sister when he passed mate.

I'm not overly religious but I do believe something is there, the girls in my family have taken massive comfort from the date and time he passed and that's a blessing.

He's getting a true Irish wake, dozens of Irish coming over, the lads will stay with him when he comes home until he goes to the church. I'm fiercely proud of my Irish heritage, how could anyone not be?
A Chara, Irish, Catholic and Evertonian it doesnt get better thsn that Tommy. Take it easy mate.

Everton lost an 81 year old fan and a true gent last Wednesday evening.

I'm absolutely heartbroken, thankfully the funeral will only take 2 and a bit weeks to happen, could have been much more thanks to covid.

Cherish those you are close to, I've never hugged my Mum so much in all my life and constantly remind her how much I love her.

RIP, Dad.
So sorry to hear of your loss, when the pain heals in time you will have many happy memories to cherish and in which take comfort. ?

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for the replies to my original post in here. I got a bit overwhelmed with it all so apologies for not replying directly or quickly.

I'm doing a little better since I made my post. The pain of my situation is easing a little bit by the day, I just had to struggle to get through them initial days/couple of weeks.

I'm making an attempt to be a bit more active, hitting the gym and I'm making the drive down to Delamere Forest tomorrow to spend a few hours exploring with my dog and getting some fresh air and a nice walk which I am hoping to make a regular thing on my weekends going forward with visiting other popular walking trails not too far from Liverpool once a week.

Do you have anyone outside of your relationship, that you`re close to and who you can off load on ? ( I know that`s can be very hard for fellas )

My mum bless her has been the one I've had to drop everything on, which I don't enjoy having to do because I obviously don't want her to be worried about me but it has massively helped me, as has just posting on here.

Sorry to hear this mate. It’s a tough time for many as it is, and relationships can give that sense of familiarity when everything else is changing, so to lose one can’t be easy.

There is no quick fix for what you’re feeling, so the best you can do is chip away at the problems and let yourself heal gradually. The thing that stands out for me as a potential “easy win” for you is your diet. If you’re taking in nothing but sugary drinks, your body will feel like crap which will have a knock-on effect on your mental health. Maybe make a meal plan for the coming week and commit to eating, even if it’s smaller portions. You might be amazed at what putting some good grub into your body does for you, and it’ll also give you something you have control over which may help, also.

Let us know how you get on mate.

Thanks Brett. I've took what you said regarding the diet on board and have attempted to start forcing the eating more regular meals, with more water and getting back to a good standard and that is also helping with giving me more energy with wanting to get out there and be active.

Thank you everyone for just letting me have a little corner to vent and get some tears out of my system.

Appreciate it mate, nothing could be done it was so sudden.

He just had his Claddagh ring he'd been pining over resized in Old Swan, my old dear went to buy a potato pealer further up and he took a funny turn. Brain hemorrahage, next to his brain stem, inoperable.

We were all there with him, it was just "one of them". I take solace in the fact there's been so many tributes to him in his parish and my ma's doorbell hasn't stopped ringing.
Truly sorry to hear this, Tommy. It is at times like this that the importance of family and friends stands above the insignificant things in life. Your dad and your family will be in my prayers.

Everton lost an 81 year old fan and a true gent last Wednesday evening.

I'm absolutely heartbroken, thankfully the funeral will only take 2 and a bit weeks to happen, could have been much more thanks to covid.

Cherish those you are close to, I've never hugged my Mum so much in all my life and constantly remind her how much I love her.

RIP, Dad.
So sorry for your loss Tommy. Cherish your lovely memories with your Dad. Much love to you and yours x