Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Gwladysover

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Everton lost an 81 year old fan and a true gent last Wednesday evening.

I'm absolutely heartbroken, thankfully the funeral will only take 2 and a bit weeks to happen, could have been much more thanks to covid.

Cherish those you are close to, I've never hugged my Mum so much in all my life and constantly remind her how much I love her.

RIP, Dad.
So sorry to hear of your loss, when the pain heals in time you will have many happy memories to cherish and in which take comfort. 💙

Master Chief

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for the replies to my original post in here. I got a bit overwhelmed with it all so apologies for not replying directly or quickly.

I'm doing a little better since I made my post. The pain of my situation is easing a little bit by the day, I just had to struggle to get through them initial days/couple of weeks.

I'm making an attempt to be a bit more active, hitting the gym and I'm making the drive down to Delamere Forest tomorrow to spend a few hours exploring with my dog and getting some fresh air and a nice walk which I am hoping to make a regular thing on my weekends going forward with visiting other popular walking trails not too far from Liverpool once a week.

Do you have anyone outside of your relationship, that you`re close to and who you can off load on ? ( I know that`s can be very hard for fellas )

My mum bless her has been the one I've had to drop everything on, which I don't enjoy having to do because I obviously don't want her to be worried about me but it has massively helped me, as has just posting on here.

Sorry to hear this mate. It’s a tough time for many as it is, and relationships can give that sense of familiarity when everything else is changing, so to lose one can’t be easy.

There is no quick fix for what you’re feeling, so the best you can do is chip away at the problems and let yourself heal gradually. The thing that stands out for me as a potential “easy win” for you is your diet. If you’re taking in nothing but sugary drinks, your body will feel like crap which will have a knock-on effect on your mental health. Maybe make a meal plan for the coming week and commit to eating, even if it’s smaller portions. You might be amazed at what putting some good grub into your body does for you, and it’ll also give you something you have control over which may help, also.

Let us know how you get on mate.

Thanks Brett. I've took what you said regarding the diet on board and have attempted to start forcing the eating more regular meals, with more water and getting back to a good standard and that is also helping with giving me more energy with wanting to get out there and be active.

Thank you everyone for just letting me have a little corner to vent and get some tears out of my system.

Spadge Vernacular

Player Valuation: £30m
Appreciate it mate, nothing could be done it was so sudden.

He just had his Claddagh ring he'd been pining over resized in Old Swan, my old dear went to buy a potato pealer further up and he took a funny turn. Brain hemorrahage, next to his brain stem, inoperable.

We were all there with him, it was just "one of them". I take solace in the fact there's been so many tributes to him in his parish and my ma's doorbell hasn't stopped ringing.
Truly sorry to hear this, Tommy. It is at times like this that the importance of family and friends stands above the insignificant things in life. Your dad and your family will be in my prayers.

anjelikaferrett

Getting older but not wiser.

I'm absolutely heartbroken, thankfully the funeral will only take 2 and a bit weeks to happen, could have been much more thanks to covid.

Cherish those you are close to, I've never hugged my Mum so much in all my life and constantly remind her how much I love her.

RIP, Dad.
So sorry for your loss Tommy. Cherish your lovely memories with your Dad. Much love to you and yours x

kithnou

Player Valuation: £70m

RIP, Dad.
My condolences as well Tommy. May he RIP.

A shot of my fine single malt in my glass at present in his memory. Regards to you and yours.

Lloydystark

Player Valuation: £35m
I just need somewhere to vent a bit as I don't have anyone else to really unload stuff onto.

My long term relationship has fell apart in front of me, my whole world is just crumbling. I haven't been able to eat a thing all week, I'm literally surviving off fizzy drinks at the moment. I can't sleep for more than 20 minutes and I spend all day in tears.

I've been on Sertroline for a couple of weeks now but it's not having any impact. My mood is still on the floor.

I've told work that I am struggling to complete my tasks because I just cannot concentrate and so I've had to jiggle stuff around to get easier stuff to focus on which is embarrassing for me.

I'm at a complete loss and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Here for you pal, in the exact same situation. long term girlfriend, dog and house gone and I'm left feeling empty. I've started focusing on my health, I've gave up alcohol for abit (currently on 30 days) to stop myself from hitting the bottle and getting into a more of a mess. Try something like that to focus on, I'm considering joining a gym this week despite having a really bad knee. Filling the free time seems to help but it's the getting home to no1 which is the true pain.

Master Chief

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Sorry for your loss Tommy.

Here for you pal, in the exact same situation. long term girlfriend, dog and house gone and I'm left feeling empty. I've started focusing on my health, I've gave up alcohol for abit (currently on 30 days) to stop myself from hitting the bottle and getting into a more of a mess. Try something like that to focus on, I'm considering joining a gym this week despite having a really bad knee. Filling the free time seems to help but it's the getting home to no1 which is the true pain.

Hey Lloyd, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through the same thing but that's amazing laying off the ale for this long. Also considering joining the gym makes it a great couple of steps.

I'm still working from our home, so I'm permanently reminded of my situation whilst I'm on the clock so that's a big struggle for me at the moment, there's no proper escape from it for the time being.

She moved out this morning to go to her friends place. So I've now been left in the [Poor language removed] with the mortgage, the bills and the dogs but we roll with it I suppose.

Also it may come a bit too soon for me emotionally to truly enjoy it but I've arranged a date for this Sunday, so it's giving me something to look forward to and plan at least.

Lloydystark

Player Valuation: £35m

Hey Lloyd, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through the same thing but that's amazing laying off the ale for this long. Also considering joining the gym makes it a great couple of steps.

I'm still working from our home, so I'm permanently reminded of my situation whilst I'm on the clock so that's a big struggle for me at the moment, there's no proper escape from it for the time being.

She moved out this morning to go to her friends place. So I've now been left in the [Poor language removed] with the mortgage, the bills and the dogs but we roll with it I suppose.

Also it may come a bit too soon for me emotionally to truly enjoy it but I've arranged a date for this Sunday, so it's giving me something to look forward to and plan at least.
To be honest I couldn't even face dating yet (apart of me is in denial over it all and hoping it works out but it won't) I wouldn't rush into any thing to be fair, emotions are too high (well for me anyway)

I've started back work this week which is getting me out the house but struggling to concentrate for long and It's near where we lived and I've seen her twice which has left me teary eyed.

Yeh a gym will do you good for sure, I'm yet to join as my knees playing up too much.

Today's been really hard had a proper meltdown for a few hours then I've started texting her which made it worse.

What dog have you got they are brilliant for releasing stress through walks. Im going for walks at the moment but I find them alittle boring without my dog. She's kept 'our' dog which is hard to take as it meant alot to me.

One of my main problems at the moment I'd holding it together, living mwith my parents I'm basically living in my bedroom as I don't want to see me upset, then even at work I'm having to go sit in my van for a while to straighten my head out. I feel for you having to work from home, I'd recommend having a walk on your breaks

David09

Player Valuation: £500k
I've been struggling for 3 years now mate. I've recently knocked beer on the head as well for a bit.
I tend to go for a walk or a run. I tried the gym but it wasn't for me.
Work has stopped me totally falling apart. I haven't even bothered to book a days holiday in the last 3 years. I do get most weekends off though.
I would be careful about joining the gym until you have rested your knee though.

ForeverBlue92

Player Valuation: £70m
I just need somewhere to vent a bit as I don't have anyone else to really unload stuff onto.

My long term relationship has fell apart in front of me, my whole world is just crumbling. I haven't been able to eat a thing all week, I'm literally surviving off fizzy drinks at the moment. I can't sleep for more than 20 minutes and I spend all day in tears.

I've been on Sertroline for a couple of weeks now but it's not having any impact. My mood is still on the floor.

I've told work that I am struggling to complete my tasks because I just cannot concentrate and so I've had to jiggle stuff around to get easier stuff to focus on which is embarrassing for me.

I'm at a complete loss and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to hear mate - give it time things will pick up... is the relationship done for good or is there a way to patch things up?

David09

To be honest I couldn't even face dating yet (apart of me is in denial over it all and hoping it works out but it won't) I wouldn't rush into any thing to be fair, emotions are too high (well for me anyway)

I've started back work this week which is getting me out the house but struggling to concentrate for long and It's near where we lived and I've seen her twice which has left me teary eyed.

Yeh a gym will do you good for sure, I'm yet to join as my knees playing up too much.

Today's been really hard had a proper meltdown for a few hours then I've started texting her which made it worse.

What dog have you got they are brilliant for releasing stress through walks. Im going for walks at the moment but I find them alittle boring without my dog. She's kept 'our' dog which is hard to take as it meant alot to me.

One of my main problems at the moment I'd holding it together, living mwith my parents I'm basically living in my bedroom as I don't want to see me upset, then even at work I'm having to go sit in my van for a while to straighten my head out. I feel for you having to work from home, I'd recommend having a walk on your breaks
You need to block your ex's number mate. It was the best thing I did and also I stopped going on social media so I didn't have to see photographs of her with my daughter.
I would use your parents for support if possible. I'm living in a 6 man bedsit but it is just so noisy all the time. I wouldn't recommend it.

David09

Bloody hell mate your braver than me organising a date. Good on you though for trying to move forward. Even after 3 years I don't fancy dating.
I wish I had kept my house and mortgage though. I hate the fact I had a house / mortgage for 12 years and now I have to start again with nothing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
Under The Lights
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks