David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fantastic press conference, one of my favourite passionate players. I feel we all would’ve said these things and they are so lovely to hear again. There’s no doubt he’s positive compared to RK it I’d still rather see him be asst to a real personality first. It is still too early, and too inexperienced. Who that number one is, I don’t know. Until that decision is made I will give me my full support and he’s no nothing to lose. I just hope he doesn’t feel aggrieved by future decisions.

So what you're saying is, every experienced manager in the league will have seen it all before and setup their side to combat it well in advance.

..it didn’t stop him winning the PL2. Thinking back, teams knew how conventional our ‘85 team was but still couldn’t do much about it.

The key challenge is fitting the players he’s got into a system that can get us results.

True. But the way Roberto managed the club he always had a lot of time for the youth set up. Completely the opposite of Koeman in that regard.

When Martinez was sacked I was obviously delighted the same as most everybody else. But a part of me was also sad because I think he genuinely got the club, and the none playing staff all loved him by all accounts.

Other than the football this season, my one biggest disappointment in Koeman was that he never ever got the club or our fans. Some think this isn't important, but to me it should be part and parcel of being Everton manager.
agreed. I liked Koeman's no BS approach at the start, it was a welcome change following Roberto's overly positive and towards the end deluded view on performances. I want a manger to say when a player has been poor and i'll hold my hands up and say i supported him through the Barkley saga but the man never appeared to be proud or thankful to Everton manager. He was happy for everyone to know it was a stepping stone. I think what sums him up in the end is Niasse's comments on how he almost tried to remove every trace of him from the club and break him down. That's not a manager, that's a bully.

Was thinking the same just watching his interview there.

He loves us. I really hope he gets it now. Mainly because that means we’ll be winning again but also because he comes across so well.
It will be so hard for him - he has a chance - good luck to him he mentioned the word win a lot - I would love any manager for us to do it scruffy for now then win in style!

The team he’s got in place with him is the beating heart of the club and surely raises a smile to every Evertonian.

We’d all love them to do well but I fear it’s merely wishful thinking.

One things for sure, they’ll have the backing of 3000 blues tomorrow night, buoyed on by the sight of ‘Dogs of War’ in the dugout lol

..it didn’t stop him winning the PL2. Thinking back, teams knew how conventional our ‘85 team was but still couldn’t do much about it.

The key challenge is fitting the players he’s got into a system that can get us results.

Good point that @Eggs , although we also had the best goalkeeper in the world at that point. You couldn't claim any of the current lot would be in a World XI. I'd argue the Holy Trinity side even further back was extremely innovative in the way it played football.

The problem is, who else is in charge of PL2 sides? Especially previous winners, have they gone on to success? Or even U23 / U21 comps in this country. Don't Arsenal have Steve Gatting in charge of theirs, and he wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting the top job.

Which is what you and I have been saying since pre-season. 16 games in he still didn't stumble across it.

Status
Not open for further replies.