David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the interview now so only a couple of minutes in but sounds very much like the job is his if he gets us back to winning ways.

Interested to see what else he says, but talking about wanting to follow in the path of ex players and winning trophies with us and about discussing the role extensively with Bill certainly looks like he's been told prove your good enough for the next however many games and we won't look anywhere else.

You know, this might be a great fit for us. All the players who have been there long enough know Unsworth and, undoubtedly, respect him. If he can get some of the passion for the club in to any of the 41 terrible other players brought in by Koeman, this could work..

..i’d like to have been a fly on the wall for the discussions Unsworth had with Walsh and the coaches. I imagine they weren’t slow in giving opinions of where Koeman was going wrong with team selection and tactics. I expect they’ll be much more joined up now.

Unsworth spoke of a tactical approach he has employed for the U23s. From what i’ve seen, he plays a conventional system with conventional footballers in conventional positions.

oh absolutely, i thought he was very repsectful just not a fan. I remember when he took over for Roberto and you could see he was gutted he'd left. Maybe not because he thought he'd turn it around but because you could tell he liked the guy. None of that this time.
True. But the way Roberto managed the club he always had a lot of time for the youth set up. Completely the opposite of Koeman in that regard.

When Martinez was sacked I was obviously delighted the same as most everybody else. But a part of me was also sad because I think he genuinely got the club, and the none playing staff all loved him by all accounts.

Other than the football this season, my one biggest disappointment in Koeman was that he never ever got the club or our fans. Some think this isn't important, but to me it should be part and parcel of being Everton manager.

By the sounds of it, he will be keeping it simple - at least in tomorrow's game anyway.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baines
Davies McCarthy
Lookman Sigurdsson Mirallas
Rooney

You know, this might be a great fit for us. All the players who have been there long enough know Unsworth and, undoubtedly, respect him. If he can get some of the passion for the club in to any of the 41 terrible other players brought in by Koeman, this could work..
Don't think he'll have any problem getting some passion back based on that interview!

But it is incomparable. Those two inherited two of the best club sides ever put together, with some all-time great players in them. Unsworth will still have the choice of Holgate, Kenny or Martina at right back, or Jags / Williams at CB.
Well then, let's hope that he matches up to the job he's taking on. For what it's worth I think he can, but we all want him to succeed don't we, even if it is only in the short term?

Nearly crying at that. First time in ages someone hasn’t talked us down. Said that Ross could be an all time great at Everton, said that we should be winning trophies. Vision, expectation. Compare and contrast to ‘club like Everton 7th is ok’ ‘Rom needs to move to meet aspirations’ ‘expected losses’ ‘knife to a gunfight’. Get an Evertonian in the hot seat now.

..i’d like to have been a fly on the wall for the discussions Unsworth had with Walsh and the coaches. I imagine they weren’t slow in giving opinions of where Koeman was going wrong with team selection and tactics. I expect they’ll be much more joined up now.

Unsworth spoke of a tactical approach he has employed for the U23s. From what i’ve seen, he plays a conventional system with conventional footballers in conventional positions.

So what you're saying is, every experienced manager in the league will have seen it all before and setup their side to combat it well in advance.

That was darned good. Unsy spoke very well and handled the questions extremely well, all credit to him. Time will tell, but I think one thing for sure you will see the idea of 3 CBs dropped, my feelings are agin Chelsea it will be 4-4-2.

Good luck Unsy, a blue to the core just like us.

Interesting note Franny Jeffers in charge of the U23s tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.