David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM42INOX4AABX6n.jpg

Good luck Rhino

David ish it ok if i just get my holiday brochures and mayonnaise from my....I mean your desk.

Anyone who's having or had a bet,

I heard Betfair and Skybet are paying out on Unsy if he managers for 10 league games.

Oh joy, let's give even more control to the man who brought in Williams, Bolasie, Klaassen, Siggurdsson, DCL, Martina, Stekelenburg, oh wait I've found a sharp object and just obliterated myself with it

..it sounds like both Koeman and Walsh were in the dock and Walsh has been given another chance. Like you, I think he has to be culpable but we truly don’t know who had the final say on deals. I doubt Moshiri would give Walsh another window if he was fully to blame. Interesting, though.

I think we may have that replacement already you know. Otherwise, we may as well have given him the chance to turn it round. He got through 1 in 13 last season.

There was the excuse that it was still essentially a Martinez team and he'd only just come in though. Right now we've spent 150 mil, have no identity or shape, horrifically unbalanced and terrible both offensively and defensively. And we've pretty much looked that way since July having played about 17 games in total. Moreover, we don't have Rom or Ross to bail us out of games. The situation is much, much worse than the terrible run we had last season. That leads me to believe that it wasn't a case of we've got someone else, it was just a case of Koeman had to go because there was simply no coming back.

Obviously though, we'll know which one of us is right come the weekend.

..it sounds like both Koeman and Walsh were in the dock and Walsh has been given another chance. Like you, I think he has to be culpable but we truly don’t know who had the final say on deals. I doubt Moshiri would give Walsh another window if he was fully to blame. Interesting, though.
I think it's obvious that Klaasen and Siggurdson were both Koeman signings. £70m down the river there. If you take those 2 out, the transfer business doesn't look too bad. Martina obviously was a Koeman signing as well.

..I suppose that means you lose your stake if you’ve backed the bloke who arrives in 11 games time.

Yep, Skybet actually say caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive game will be deemed permanent manager,
so looks like cup games as well.

Poor old Unsy. There’s not a chance this situation will turn out well for him.

Scenario 1:-

- Unsworth gets the players running around a bit more and playing with a bit more desire. The fans call for him to be permanent manager after a few decent results despite having no experience at the level

- Unsworth gets the job after pressure from the fans and slowly the results slide due to lack of experience, the fans turn on him and he leaves the club permanently

Scenario 2:-

- The club decides against permanently appointing Unsworth and go for an experienced manager more capable of leading us

- The fans piss and moan and cry that it’s a disgrace that the job wasn’t given to ‘one of us’ and Unsworth goes back to his old job slightly embarrassed by the whole situation and eventually leaves the club

I think it's obvious that Klaasen and Siggurdson were both Koeman signings. £70m down the river there. If you take those 2 out, the transfer business doesn't look too bad. Martina obviously was a Koeman signing as well.
Yup. The youngsters we signed were probably down to Walsh and they've been great so far.

Well the players want unsworth. Can see the merits in that, knows the place and the players inside out. They will be accustomed to his ideas I guess, especially the younger ones who have come through the academy. However the manager of Everton Football Club is a massive job and the demands and pressures that go with it. To me it requires an experienced manager to meet that criteria, who has proven experience at the top level.
i hope what the players want has absolutly 0 to do with the appointment. See Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.