David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyalty, integrity and honesty are not seen as often as in former times it seems to me. Least of all in football. Unsworth has shown all of these. He's a true blue through and through and I for one am grateful for the way he's gone about his work. Well done lad. Now get some sleep and you can relax a little.

Our medium term plan should be to make DU Asst Manager alongside somebody who can mentor him. Maybe one day he can have another crack at the top job. Or perhaps he could be Colin Harvey alongside another manager in the HK role.

Would love us to send Unsy and the stiffs to Cyprus... Imagine Mirallas throwing another strop on the pitch!

Stek, Feeney, Jags, Williams, Martina, Schneids, Mirallas, Besic and a load of debutants...

Unsworth did well getting 7 league points from 5 games and only played 2 at home

Highly dedicated professional which we can count on in future. I wish him well and would like to thank him

I believe he would have stabilised us himself if given more time but too many fans panicked

Playing Miralles and Schniderline did not help him and he found out

Now we are behind big Sam to continue the push towards safer waters

Unsworth did well getting 7 league points from 5 games and only played 2 at home

Highly dedicated professional which we can count on in future. I wish him well and would like to thank him

I believe he would have stabilised us himself if given more time but too many fans panicked

Playing Miralles and Schniderline did not help him and he found out

Now we are behind big Sam to continue the push towards safer waters
Yea unfortunately it took him too long to drop MS.

Rhino finally got it right last night I thought, defensive shape looked much better in the first half anyway and especially compared to other recent games. And DCL, Gylfi and Rooney's position within the formation was much more balanced, defined and clear.

Loved singing Rhino towards the end as well with him giving the crowd a wave, he must be absolutely buzzing today.

Fair play to him last night. For the first time since he took over, it was clear there was a tactical plan unlike every other game where they'd clearly been sent out to 'work hard', 'stand tall' and 'do it for the fans'.

He played a winger on the right who hugged the touchline, keeping the pitch big.
He played Davies behind DCL to provide legs for the first press (although Davies needs to work at this).
He played Sig from the left but when Rooney had the ball came inside, 'between the lines'.
Rooney deep looking to quickly find Sig.
DCL up top who ran the channels.

Very simple and very effective.

We need to be a lot better at implementing the above, especially off the ball, but at least it looked like he had a plan.

A stark difference to vs Leicester which was tactically shambolic.

I wish Unsy the absolute best and hope he has learnt alot from it- I am sure he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.