David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck David, make the boards mind up for them and get the job permanently. I dont want you to become the modern day Tony Book(for all the kids out there he was wheeled out annually by Man Citeh to by caretaker manager)

Great presser that, he seems very focussed. Couldn't stress enough the fact that we need to start winning games and that's the bottom line. Sounds like the players have reacted positively as well.

Very positive interview from Rhino, came across well. Knows what he wants to do with the team and was also respectful enough to avoid the direct questions about Koeman. I really do hope the next few matches work out for him and the players respond the way we hope.

...spoke well. Glad he’s got John Ebbrell as assistant as they work well together and it is a bit of continuity he’ll need.

Must have been reading my posts on GOT with his references to ‘creating chances’. It’s ante-football if you set teams up without the purpose of creativity. I expect we’ll see that long lost tactic of getting players behind the opposition full backs.

Scenario 14: Unsworth's Everton produce a spirited display to edge out a near full strength Chelsea in the Carabacabooboo Cup and then earn a solid 2-0 win over Leicester away at the weekend. In his post-match interview he tells a BBC reporter to call him 'Mr Rhino'. The reporter laughs uneasily.

The following Monday the players arrive for training to discover Unsworth shirtless on the Finch Farm training pitch, arms stretched out wide, his body covered completely in a rhino tattoo. Jagielka and Baines do a wee on each other in fear. Mo Besic takes a picture, uploads it onto Facebook and then gives it a 'like'. Eventually, Wayne Rooney asks Unsworth what's happening. The response? "I AM RHINO!"

Training is cancelled for the day. SSN run the story with video of the players bemusedly leaving USM FF while Unsworth elaborately basks in a muddy puddle. Farhad Moshiri immediately calls Jim White and giggles down the phone for three minutes before claiming that he was considering signing Cavani in January until he remembered that Oumar Niasse is his nephew.

Everton appoint Unsworth on a permanent contract because everyone on the board forgot to ask another manager to take the job.

Everton finish mid-table, playing a sturdy and energetic - if tactically limited - brand of football. Unsworth spends the majority of the season managing from the stands after an unfortunate incident involved him charging onto the pitch and driving his imaginary horn into the backside of several Liverpool players in the Goodison derby. He's heavily criticised for his actions but, luckily, he has recently developed extremely thick skin.
Crying lol

i get the impression he wasn't a fan of Koeman.
Thought he was very respectful of him tbh, even if he didn't necessarily agree with his management style or tactics.

Really hope he does well during his spell in charge. Personally I'd give him until Xmas, and hope that it be extended until end of season as that would mean he is doing well.

Loved his comments on Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.