David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems one of two scenarios: either we're happy to give Unsworth a shot for an extended period or we've privately been given a 'yes' by another manager.

Anything other than one of the above would make little sense.

..I might be wrong but I doubt Unsworth would agree to be interim manager if a deal was already being negotiated with somebody else. I think Unsworth would seek that assurance before agreeing to take over and also get agreement that he’ll be given a run of games to prove himself.

I can see a situation whereby he stays towards the end of the season and one of Ancelotti/Tuchel/Silva come in with the carrot of being their assistant being written in. That's the dream anyway.

..I might be wrong but I doubt Unsworth would agree to be interim manager if a deal was already being negotiated with somebody else. I think Unsworth would seek that assurance before agreeing to take over and also get agreement that he’ll be given a run of games to prove himself.

I agree with this. In honesty I don't think Unswortb stays at the club beyond this season unless he is manager.

He clearly wants to manage Everton. If he is told he isn't experienced enough he's never going to get anything more than he's already got on his Cv with the 23s. I think at that moment he will have to look elsewhere.

Unsworth is acting manager and now must distance himself from the players...if that needs to be done.

He has to establish himself as boss and the players must respect that.

I assume the players want to do well, to win, getting hockeyed 5-2 at home must upset them as well. It is the managers job to get everybody focused and playing together. I think there may be a couple of expensive imports that are initially disappointed but in the longer term that may improve them.

I agree with this. In honesty I don't think Unswortb stays at the club beyond this season unless he is manager.

He clearly wants to manage Everton. If he is told he isn't experienced enough he's never going to get anything more than he's already got on his Cv with the 23s. I think at that moment he will have to look elsewhere.

..it wouldn’t surprise me, given his success at PL2 level and his growing status in the game if one or two clubs have already sounded him out.

Scenario 5, Unsworth comes in, does a good job, gets the post permanently. Builds the club up, develops a top team over next 3-4 years based on younger players and wins the league ;)
Scenario 6. Unsworth masterminds a 6-0 thrashing of Cheslea tomorrow prompting Farhad and BK to gatecrash his post match interview with a 20 year contract, A starring role in Blood Brothers along side his Nolan sister of choice and keys to the Liver Building.

Hes got the job;)
Everton-1105952.jpg

You saying this as if im not happy Rhino's got it, when if you go back through the threads ive advocated Unsworth until the end of the season numerous times. Weird character you, Joey.

Poor old Unsy. There’s not a chance this situation will turn out well for him.

Scenario 1:-

- Unsworth gets the players running around a bit more and playing with a bit more desire. The fans call for him to be permanent manager after a few decent results despite having no experience at the level

- Unsworth gets the job after pressure from the fans and slowly the results slide due to lack of experience, the fans turn on him and he leaves the club permanently

Scenario 2:-

- The club decides against permanently appointing Unsworth and go for an experienced manager more capable of leading us

- The fans piss and moan and cry that it’s a disgrace that the job wasn’t given to ‘one of us’ and Unsworth goes back to his old job slightly embarrassed by the whole situation and eventually leaves the club

Or scenario 3, Unsy comes in and does himself and the club proud. The club then bring in a really good manager, Unsy uses then has a successful interim period on his CV and goes into manage at first team level in a Championship club.

Or scenario 4. Unsworth comes in, does a good job and gets the club in a healthy state for a more experienced guy to take over, then reverts to being under 23 manager because he's happier in that role.
Get your scenarios in people.

Scenario 14: Unsworth's Everton produce a spirited display to edge out a near full strength Chelsea in the Carabacabooboo Cup and then earn a solid 2-0 win over Leicester away at the weekend. In his post-match interview he tells a BBC reporter to call him 'Mr Rhino'. The reporter laughs uneasily.

The following Monday the players arrive for training to discover Unsworth shirtless on the Finch Farm training pitch, arms stretched out wide, his body covered completely in a rhino tattoo. Jagielka and Baines do a wee on each other in fear. Mo Besic takes a picture, uploads it onto Facebook and then gives it a 'like'. Eventually, Wayne Rooney asks Unsworth what's happening. The response? "I AM RHINO!"

Training is cancelled for the day. SSN run the story with video of the players bemusedly leaving USM FF while Unsworth elaborately basks in a muddy puddle. Farhad Moshiri immediately calls Jim White and giggles down the phone for three minutes before claiming that he was considering signing Cavani in January until he remembered that Oumar Niasse is his nephew.

Everton appoint Unsworth on a permanent contract because everyone on the board forgot to ask another manager to take the job.

Everton finish mid-table, playing a sturdy and energetic - if tactically limited - brand of football. Unsworth spends the majority of the season managing from the stands after an unfortunate incident involved him charging onto the pitch and driving his imaginary horn into the backside of several Liverpool players in the Goodison derby. He's heavily criticised for his actions but, luckily, he has recently developed extremely thick skin.

Scenario 6. Unsworth masterminds a 6-0 thrashing of Cheslea tomorrow prompting Farhad and BK to gatecrash his post match interview with a 20 year contract, A starring role in Blood Brothers along side his Nolan sister of choice and keys to the Liver Building.
Haha - think I prefer mine though mate :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.