David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team he’s got in place with him is the beating heart of the club and surely raises a smile to every Evertonian.

We’d all love them to do well but I fear it’s merely wishful thinking.

One things for sure, they’ll have the backing of 3000 blues tomorrow night, buoyed on by the sight of ‘Dogs of War’ in the dugout lol

Pretty incredible, this!

Imagine the lads playing for the club when i was a boy and making Everton all about what it's all about back now, taking the reins.

They're now managing a group of players worth about double figures of what the entire club was worth back when they were playing

Good point that @Eggs , although we also had the best goalkeeper in the world at that point. You couldn't claim any of the current lot would be in a World XI. I'd argue the Holy Trinity side even further back was extremely innovative in the way it played football.

The problem is, who else is in charge of PL2 sides? Especially previous winners, have they gone on to success? Or even U23 / U21 comps in this country. Don't Arsenal have Steve Gatting in charge of theirs, and he wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting the top job.
The problem is most big name players would rather make a living as a pundit whilst waiting for a job to be gifted to them based on their playing rep (like Neville and Giggs) rther than start in the PL2 and learn.

Good point that @Eggs , although we also had the best goalkeeper in the world at that point. You couldn't claim any of the current lot would be in a World XI. I'd argue the Holy Trinity side even further back was extremely innovative in the way it played football.

The problem is, who else is in charge of PL2 sides? Especially previous winners, have they gone on to success? Or even U23 / U21 comps in this country. Don't Arsenal have Steve Gatting in charge of theirs, and he wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting the top job.
That's why Unsy may break the mold - still not changed your avatar yet I see keep up with proceedingslol;)

Avoided putting Vlasic in because of the injury he picked up on Sunday.

However, have just seen this from NSNO:

Unconvinced by Lennon, and Rooney up top.

Lennon in particular hasn't played for about a year and was really not very good when he did, as much as I like the guy.

Anyway, we'll see!

The most interesting thing for me about the presser is when he said him and Steve Walsh went to see the players. Strikes me that Walsh has a relationship with the players or was left out of it. Confused about his role.

Or scenario 3, Unsy comes in and does himself and the club proud. The club then bring in a really good manager, Unsy uses then has a successful interim period on his CV and goes into manage at first team level in a Championship club.

................Unsy then does extremely well at said Championship club, gets them into Premier League, keeps them up and progresses club in Premier League - Then next time Everton are looking for a new manager Unsy is ready and comes home! Sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.