David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don,t bother mate your wasting your time with a few on here.
Same players but better organisation is the name of the game with the players behind him.
Looking forward now to the games ahead.
Your loving this aren't you?? Original doom and gloom merchant ..never see your opinions when we are doing OK...Superfan you..

Not if they've sacked all the coaches Joe mate. Appointment must be fairly imminent.

Bit of a shame but Unsworth will have to cut his teeth elsewhere.
And he should and that's okay. He's had offers before. If he wants to ever manage Everton permanently, he will likely need to prove it elsewhere first. It is nice that he's been stand in manager a couple times before, though.

He's not getting the job, relax.

His idea though that Unsworth needs lots of time to prove himself is nuts. The January window is right around the corner. Obvious, Walsh is still the DofF, but a new manager at least is going to want to give their input as to what the team needs are. So this can't go on for very long. There's also no way they weren't in contact with candidates unless they are incompetent. If they didn't think they could get someone great in, my guess is that they would've given Koeman more time.

Exactly. They'd have waited until at least the international break. They sacked Martinez only after the Sunderland game because they wanted to finish the season on a happier note.

The Chelsea game is a free roll for Unsworth - virtually no expectations - and the new boss starts before Leicester.

And he should and that's okay. He's had offers before. If he wants to ever manage Everton permanently, he will likely need to prove it elsewhere first. It is nice that he's been stand in manager a couple times before, though.

Agree mate. Hopefully it drives him to a top Championship side, gets them promoted, does a few more coaching courses etc. and then gets his shot at the big time.

Played for the club
Gets the club
Managed here successfully at the level below first team
Already managed a PL game for us
Will encourage our own youngsters through
Seems a genuinely good feller

I'd write off this season and give him until January to see what he can do, never mind the four games or so he's been quoted to have been given.

Could live with that as long as the club contacting potential candidates all the while.

...I don’t know who will get the permanent post and have no strong views on anybody, but the Unsworth/Walsh dynamic is worthy of consideration. It might actually suit Walsh more to work with a Manager with no experience in the transfer market. The process and lines of demarcation could be clearer than with Koeman.

But it is incomparable. Those two inherited two of the best club sides ever put together, with some all-time great players in them. Unsworth will still have the choice of Holgate, Kenny or Martina at right back, or Jags / Williams at CB.
It's a tough gig but I've got confidence in Unsworth to organise them if he's given some time, which is all we can do until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.