David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, let's hope that he matches up to the job he's taking on. For what it's worth I think he can, but we all want him to succeed don't we, even if it is only in the short term?

We certainly do. If he wins the next four games, we will have to appoint him.

The problem is here that if he does win the four games or whatever, and then the club appoint someone else, you've instantly created a lame duck manager and a disenchanted backroom staff.

In all honesty, if they want Unsworth, don't give it him temporarily, remove the uncertainty and do it right away.

By the sounds of it, he will be keeping it simple - at least in tomorrow's game anyway.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baines
Davies McCarthy
Lookman Sigurdsson Mirallas
Rooney

I'd jettison Sigurdsson and put Niasse in up front with Rooney you know, 4-4-2. The rest of that team is exactly what I predicted, maybe Vlasic for Lookman.

he has to at least be assistant to whoever comes in.
not averse to him being given the top job but obviously that'll depend how the team does over next few weeks

True. But the way Roberto managed the club he always had a lot of time for the youth set up. Completely the opposite of Koeman in that regard.

When Martinez was sacked I was obviously delighted the same as most everybody else. But a part of me was also sad because I think he genuinely got the club, and the none playing staff all loved him by all accounts.

Other than the football this season, my one biggest disappointment in Koeman was that he never ever got the club or our fans. Some think this isn't important, but to me it should be part and parcel of being Everton manager.

Agree mate. I thought it was very telling - and no accident - that he emphasised how separate the 1st team were from the u23s under Koeman. 'Can't speak for the atmosphere in the 1st team - different building, never saw them...'

..i’d like to have been a fly on the wall for the discussions Unsworth had with Walsh and the coaches. I imagine they weren’t slow in giving opinions of where Koeman was going wrong with team selection and tactics. I expect they’ll be much more joined up now.

Unsworth spoke of a tactical approach he has employed for the U23s. From what i’ve seen, he plays a conventional system with conventional footballers in conventional positions.
The crazy maverick!

The problem is here that if he does win the four games or whatever, and then the club appoint someone else, you've instantly created a lame duck manager and a disenchanted backroom staff.

In all honesty, if they want Unsworth, don't give it him temporarily, remove the uncertainty and do it right away.
See your point, but BK is a little more cautious than that! Would be a shame to lose Unsy if he does well and doesn't get the job, but, ok that's football.

Thought he was very respectful of him tbh, even if he didn't necessarily agree with his management style or tactics.

Really hope he does well during his spell in charge. Personally I'd give him until Xmas, and hope that it be extended until end of season as that would mean he is doing well.

Loved his comments on Ross.

Basically, Unsworth doesn't want to lose him and we shouldn't lose any of our youth players. Barkley could be an all-time great and he's spoken to him today but not about a new deal. Hopes to sit down with him in the near future and try to convince the boy to stay.

Basically, Ross is Boss and Unsworth will do everything he needs to keep him, he can become an Everton legend and that Everton shouldn't be losing our best players, particularly when they're from our academy. Didn't mince words.

That he spoke with him this morning and he's back in the gym working hard.

Will hope to sit down with him in the coming days to discuss his future.

Wants Ross to stay. We should keep our own. Ross loves Everton and we love Ross etc.
Thanks gents ;)

Just watched it on the homepage update, very positive and pragmatic, while being respectful to ronkoe.

Really hope Rhino can do a job for us

Youv,e got a right nark on today!
Your avatar needs changing by the way keep up the pace a bit faster tha our first team!

Showed more passion in that 20-odd minutes there than Koeman showed in a 18-months. Also noticed how many times he said "we" too.

This for me is a massive thing, shows a connection to the players/club, lets fans/players know how much he wants to be here and for the club to do well for the clubs sake rather than looking for some recognition to glorify his own career, massive difference in this department and personally a much bigger motivation tool than i thought it was for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.