Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit over half way into the window.

I feel this needs to be a time of reflection.

Wasnt there a concern last week that we were siging people to quickly and just splashing the cash for the sake of it.

Will Grand Old Team ever be happy, tune in next week for our net exciting episode.

Still need another out and out striker in an ideal world. However with both Rooney and Sandro capable of playing there I don't think it would be disaster without but it would be important they both stayed fit. Calvert-Lewin would be 3rd choice and there would be a lot of pressure for him if he was playing regularly and in his favourite position.

A pop gun fires corks - a real gun fires the real macoy bullits - I think @davek is stating we will fire duds if we don't get an out and out goalscoring striker like the one we sold to Man U -
Or is RK trying to rely upon goals from other positions from midfield which imo is a risky strategy!

A pop gun fires corks - a real gun fires the real macoy bullits - I think @davek is stating we will fire duds if we don't get an out and out goalscoring striker like the one we sold to Man U -
Or is RK trying to rely upon goals from other positions from midfield which imo is a risky strategy!

Is wishing your midfielders would score goals any more risky than spending money on all these unproven strikers we get linked with?

We can't replace lukaku like for like. His stats say he is amongst the best all time PL strikers. They play in CL teams.
We have to do something different, young and unproven? Or foreign and unproven? Or get more goals from other places (a combo of above is what we are trying).

The frig is a pop gun

A_popgun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.