Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a team at the bottom of the league, being solid is the priority. We are back to where we were when Moyes took over, we need to start building again from the bottom up before we even start to think about the fantastical idea of getting a 20 goal a season striker in.

Why can't we do both?

Because the defence needs a complete revamp, meaning 3 or 4 players need to be bought for us to even begin to look like a solid unit. We just don't have the money to go chasing a prolific striker as well, we have to prioritise.

So?

You mean to say that whilst we are prioritising the defence we should just stop looking for a striker?

No sir....as a fellow once said attack is an important form of defence.

And a twenty goal striker would go a long way to nullifying the effect of our defensive frailties, as we saw in front of our own eyes last season.

So?

You mean to say that whilst we are prioritising the defence we should just stop looking for a striker?

No sir....as a fellow once said attack is an important form of defence.

And a twenty goal striker would go a long way to nullifying the effect of our defensive frailties, as we saw in front of our own eyes last season.

If we only needed one defender I'd see your point.

There is no striker in the world available to us that could possibly nullify our shambles at the back. Not one, anywhere. We concede AT LEAST 2 goals every game, when the rest of your team is as bad as it is, that is the first thing that needs fixing. 3 of our 5 first team defenders are in their mid-30s and can barely run never mind play Premier League football.

If we only needed one defender I'd see your point.

There is no striker in the world available to us that could possibly nullify our shambles at the back. Not one, anywhere. We concede AT LEAST 2 goals every game, when the rest of your team is as bad as it is, that is the first thing that needs fixing.

I am nit saying it is not.

Just pointing out that we cannot just abandon the search for a striker whilst we concentrate on the defence.

I am nit saying it is not.

Just pointing out that we cannot just abandon the search for a striker whilst we concentrate on the defence.

We have to assume we don't have a bottomless pit of money in January though. That's why I'm saying, before we even start thinking about a centre forward we need to spend whatever is necessary fixing that back 4. If we have something left over great, let's try and get a striker in too.

We have to assume we don't have a bottomless pit of money in January though. That's why I'm saying, before we even start thinking about a centre forward we need to spend whatever is necessary fixing that back 4. If we have something left over great, let's try and get a striker in too.

If I am honest with you Mike, if not a "bottomless pit" there should be lots of cash in the bank to buy players.

Because but for the last minute collapse of the Ross and Oumar deals Mishiri would have spent round about zilch on players since he joined the club.

So yes, I agree wholeheartedly that the defence needs totally overhauled......in fact "overhauled" is too weak a word to describe what needs doing :mad:

But at the same time if a super chance arises to fetch in a very GOOD striker....Vardy for the sake of an argument....we should not hesitate IMO.

12 goals between Niasse and Rooney in the Prem now. Man utd forwards Lukaku (8) and Martial (6) have 14 and utd have scored 32 goals so far this season (Everton have scored 17) and have a goal difference of +24 which is their best since 2000-01 when they ended up winning the league. It seems our problems lay elsewhere to me with poor defending and not enough goals being contributed from the midfielders or wide forwards like Mirallas and Lennon, although it'd be nice to get another proven goalscorer in no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.