2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with @BlueToff here mate, McCarthy is definitely a sprinter. It's how he can hunt the ball so well.
Used to hunt the ball well maybe. He was never lightning, but his anticipation at one point was good and his positioning was always decent. Mix in some serious aggressiveness and a decent first touch and he was a decent PL defensive mid for a bit. Afraid losing step will make him average at best. Don’t think he was in Gana’s league before and he’s definitely not now. Still take him over Morgan. Might also take Beni over them both, though.

Just as we were going to find out what beard oil is. Perhaps instead we'll find out who Gomes is instead... I keep forgetting that he's even here - I hope that soon remedies itself and I will then be able to live without knowing what beard oil is.
You’d think we’d see an exception for beard oil.

Just as we were going to find out what beard oil is. Perhaps instead we'll find out who Gomes is instead... I keep forgetting that he's even here - I hope that soon remedies itself and I will then be able to live without knowing what beard oil is.

You’d think we’d see an exception for beard oil.

A whisker away from a thread ban you two.

I read what the manager said about McCarthy today and I thought his assessment was very much to the point.
I think the manager looks to see what qualities each player brings and he highlighted that McCarthy was more physical and tough tackling than any of the other midfielders at the club.
I think different games call for different strengths and the manager wants as wide a range of skill available to him as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.